Reviews & Such things!

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Good evening!
Since we last talked I celebrated my 32nd birthday (woo hooo!) and my one year REMISSION birthday as well. They are 8 days apart. My heart overflows as I re-read that sentence.

Websters Dictionary defines remission as this: "the act or process of remitting." To Remit: "to send back; to give relief from; to cancel; to restore to a former status or condition....." Ahh....such a precious gift.

I spent the past week as a cook/kitchen assitant at Kids Camp. The once a year event where our church association gathers and puts on a week of fun, food, and festivities for kids ranging in age from 3rd grade to 6th. There is a Mini Hoppers camp for those younger than that, offered to the workers who have smaller ones.

Cade had a blast. Aaron did as well. He went as a cabin leader. Tracy, Laurie, Rachelle, and Theresa were my partners. Side by side, hour after hour, we laughed and enjoyed each other tremendously. I have never seen so much food in my life, and have never fried so much hamburger either. I look forward to next year already, but will leave the ordering of potatoes to someone else.... (Ssshhhush-it Linda)

An interesting thing happened.

I was dreading the week because it was blood work and results week on top of camp. I was thinking of only myself and the comfort that I would probably recieve out here among 155 people whether good or bad news, and honestly, I just wanted to hide. From what, I am not sure, but that is the closest thing I can think of to defining the feeling. And here, in the middle of nowhere (literally) is a woman (who I knew b/c her husband was in treatment with me) to remind me of exactly what I didn't want to remember. And yet, despite my selfishness and poor attitude, the Lord used that week, and that experience to encourage "A" and to remind her of what her husband is experiencing. Life. Remission.

We were both celebrating but in two totally different ways.

One in life.

Another in death physically, but life eternally where we have yet to experience.

It left me speechless. Humbled. Thankful. And envious all at the same time.

Since I was into definitions, I checked on the word "Restore".

It means: "To give back; to put or bring back into existence or use..."

-to give back (something that was taken)
-to bring back into existence (new life and new purpose breathed into me)
-use...(yes, each one of us has a plan mapped out, including where we have been and where we are going.)

It is late as I finish this. Many interruptions have occured. As my heartbeat pulses a steady rhythm, my mind overflows with prayer requests. My emotions threaten within to overflow, yet I am determined to hold my ground. I am tired of hearing "bad" news and once again, I am threatened by the attractive thought of "hiding".

If God is into the restoring business (which He is) it is time to begin anew.

Yes, it is time to breath in and give back. To start over. Or perhaps to begin as if it is the very first time.






No comments:

Post a Comment