Reviews & Such things!

Friday, December 13, 2013

'Tis the Season...

The twelve days of Christmas. I have the song or the story (if you've read the book) stuck in my mind. Its been there for...twelve days. :) Thirteen actually, if you count today.

This week has flown past.

Cade had surgery yesterday. He had a hernia repair. Yes, minor and very fixable, but it seriously had this mama concerned. It's my baby. ANY time a kiddo goes under for a procedure of any type, I'm concerned. Not that I could do anything about it, but hey-a moms gotta worry, right? He is recovering nicely, with little to no pain. Such a blessing and so very thankful that things went great!

Aaron's aunt is in from OH. Our busy weeks of Christmas fun have begun. My presents are purchased, the decorating done, now all I need is a warm winters nap. Since that isn't likely to happen anytime soon, I'll settle for a warm peppermint mocha. Non-fat, no whip, grande. Perfection.

I'm not exactly sure when my love of all things peppermint started, but I have a strong like for the cooling goodness. Chap stick; mocha's; creamer; shakes (the Trim Healthy Mama kind); you name it-I love it!

Yes, the season is upon us. CHRISTmas. The time for singing.

Let's be honest. If you're a worship leader, your yearly nightmare has begun. I have tinkered and thunked my way through a good many Christmas carols this year already. Goodness. I love to sing them, but to play them-oy!

Regardless of what it is this season, I hope it finds you well. Good tidings of great joy to you and your family! Whether its visits from loved ones; favorite Christmas songs and traditions; yummy desserts; or you have a heavy heart this season, remember this. Emmanuel, the God with us, is better to us than He has to be. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment