Reviews & Such things!

Saturday, August 16, 2014

HELLO!

I'm back.
I'm ready to write after a long (and much needed) hiatus. I've missed this. Just to type this feels just, well, exciting!

I took the summer off to regroup and digest the summer: slow and steady. I realized that I needed that time to continue staying flush with plumb line.

I cannot write another minute until I tell you about the most precious little nephew that arrived today!!! Wesley Coy impressed us all with his adorable cute self. I can hardly stand it that I live so far away! His sweet little face just melts his aunt Erin's heart. I'm pretty sure that he will love me more than Alison (my sister), but lets keep that between us. He is perfect. We are absolutely in love and I could not be happier for my brother Eric and his sweet bride, Kerri. Great job, mom and dad! Thanks for letting us dote on your sweet little boy!

Speaking of sweet kiddos, Cade is getting ready to begin school. I remember post-partum hormones; tears; and memories of dreading his first day of school. Now he is in the 3rd grade. How does that happen?

Libbi? She is using the big girl potty. I know. This house will not know what to do without its trail of diapers and wipes. I may break into song and dance. Repeatedly.

Aaron is doing such a great job at the church, his job, and being a great dad and spouse! He is constantly striving for excellence and goodwill towards men. He's a stud...and ladies, he is taken.

I am doing well. Health is doing great. I had a bit of a scare as my liver enzymes came back elevated. I have a new oncologist and he ran additional tests, all coming back normal. I'm thankful. So incredibly thankful. I am now on a six month check up schedule. I cannot tell you how good that feels. Finagling childcare and appointments gets old--quickly.
I'm writing again. Bits and pieces here and there. Contemplating another book. Preparing for two retreats this fall, back to back. I would appreciate your prayers as I assemble each session.

We are looking forward to taking some much needed vacations this fall/winter. Hoping to see some of your beautiful faces this year as we make our rounds. So few words can describe how thankful we are for friends like you. Your love, support, and a verbal spanking now and then to keep us on track.

That is pretty much a glimpse into our lives as we catch up. I would love to stay longer, but this girl needs to turn in. Worship practice comes early on Sundays, but I wanted to stop by and say Hello!

Blessings, Erin


1 comment: