This morning I was reading thru the Psalms. Specifically: 35, 119, and 145.
While I was reading I was thinking about the sovereignty of God....because someone asked me about faith this week. I don't know how to answer these questions, so I asked the Lord about an application for all of the above chapters and this is what was on my heart.....
Faith is believing in the sovereignty of God.
Believing that His eyes see further than ours, and being willing to wait with an empty plate for as long as it takes until you see the goodness of God- refusing to take anything less than HIS absolute best (not what we think). Waiting on Him when hope is not on the horizon. Waiting when you think your answer is never going to come. Why? Because you believe in the One who will bring the rain, who will bring the answer....in His time not yours. Because what ever disease, disability, or circumstance in this life that you struggle with will NEVER make you less than who you were meant to be. Scripture tells us that He who began a good work in you will complete it....this is the Job-like and Abraham-like faith...theirs was credited to them as righteousness. In HIS righteousness and faithfulness he afflicts us. He allows things into our lives to strengthen us. Job lost everything but he never ran after anything but God. The same is true for Abraham. They lost much but gained even more. We cannot believe in a god that only gives us what we want when we want it. We would quickly lose respect and reverence for him. So in this walk/daily grind that we find ourselves in....we gotta have FAITH! Faith in Jesus- the author and perfector of our faith. The One and Only.
No comments:
Post a Comment