Reviews & Such things!

Monday, July 11, 2011

Week #2

Good Morning!
I am up and at 'em this morning....getting ready to begin week #2 of Radiation. Let me just say this goes MUCH faster than Chemo....and little to no side-effects. I am more tired, but hey- I can deal with that! =)

We have had a BUSY couple of weeks, and it looks like July is going to be PACKED full as well. Besides being busy with weekly worship team stuff, we have a church revival coming up, VBS, and not to mention seeing my folks as they come in and out of town for my brothers wedding. (He's marrying a great girl by the way!!!) With daily treatments....we will be flying until school starts!

Speaking of which, Cade starts Kindergarten this year! Wow.......I cannot even believe it. My little pumpkin/side kick will get to go with the big kids this fall instead of staying with his momma. I think I am struggling more than he is with all of these new changes. He is going to a local Christian School near here, and has already made some great friends from there. His only disappointment was that he didn't get to ride the bus...but he figured he had it better b/c I get to be his everyday bus driver....he likes personal service........not spoiled or anything! LOL!

We all get that way don't we? We want everything "just so", realizing how much we are truly creatures of  habit and that we don't like change.
Change is difficult! It pressures us to move- often in new and foreign territory. Not one person I know likes to be uncomfortable for long. Briefly is "ok" at best! This week has been a battle. Not just from fatigue but from fears. Fears of the unknown, the "what if", the "I didn't ask for this....why me?", "what now?" If you are like me, questions like this keep me awake for several nights. It is a struggle to keep them back, but it IS possible. Perhaps that is why the deaf never fear the loud buzzing of bees b/c they don't associate the buzz w/the bee. Or why a child, when he falls when his daddy is holding him, reaches right back up and clings to him for recovery. He recognizes that the "situation" is separate from his father.  Often I think about this stuff, b/c it puts things into perspective. I need that from time to time. Relying on my own thoughts often puts me in Peter's position- when walking on the water, he looked down- away from Jesus- and it was then that he began to sink. Peter and I could sit down and talk for hours about life, I am sure. We'd have much more room around our campfire if there are others that would care to join us. Most of us have been there....the all too familiar way of expectations, of mis-placed trust, and disappointment after disappointment. Why? For me it would have to be b/c I am looking at my circumstances instead of the arms that are there to hold me. I am trying to manipulate "truth" to be what "I" want it to be. I am looking for assurances in a world where the only constant is change, and I am coming up short, therefore making me short-sighted....believing that Jesus is the same way, discribed in the same fashion. Let me just say.....HE IS NOT. He is the only genuine, constant, firm foundation, that allows for soft landings in grace, feeding us nothing but the best of truth, all the while singing over us with love. What an "oasis" moment when we are walking thru the deserts of life. We can have those every time we open our hearts, our eyes, and the scripture to see who Jesus really is. Everytime we have doubts, need direction, and desire fellowship. Every single day. Sweet communion requires surrender. Allowing Him to work the dry and thirsty portions of our souls back to life again. I will end with this.....if you were a parent, picture your son or daughter curled up in a corner, starving, dehydrated and surrounded in sadness soul deep with fear controlling their every move. Would seeing this picture of them motivate you to action? It did for Jesus, and it still does. He knows what He created and the potential within each of us. He doesn't state the obvious- that we probably ended up looking like that b/c of our own poor choices, misplaced priorities, and disappointments with Him. He offers us hope, healing and peace that transcends our circumstance. Yes, there is room around my campfire for more.....welcome to all who would join me- simply resting in sweet communion with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment