My coffee still giving off its good morning goodness that I have come to depend on. We're old friends. Decaf or not....I have no enemies where coffee is concerned.
Bills paid, laundry done, house cleaned from top to bottom, dishwasher going, my man off to work and it's 3:39am as I write this. I woke up at 1am unable to go back to sleep. My pre-surgery routine has begun with my powerhouse energy.
Isn't it funny how just yesterday started off so differently?
In short, I slept through my workout alarm, awoke to my workout buddy pounding on my door checking on me...it was a first and hopefully no repeats. However, she took pity on me (or was terrified by my morning "Medusa" looking hair) and told me to go back to bed. I promptly obeyed only to oversleep my back up alarm, waking up Cade and I for school. We had minutes to get ready and I had yet to put out my girls (goats), shower, and wake up my boy. Wow. Did I mention it was my turn to drive carpool?
Whoever thought jeans and heels were a good idea would have had second thoughts after seeing me yesterday. I filled in for the secretary at the school until noon. Stairs, heels, plus me is not a good combo. Suffice it to say that my sore
After stopping off and picking up my new Scentsy pot (LOVE) I stopped in to see some sweet friends and their darling little baby. What a blessing to hold such innocence! Her soft little downy cheeks were like seeing the tender side of God in the flesh.
On the ground level of the hospital, I was almost to the door when I decided to stop in and see my nurse/hero friends at the cancer center. I am so glad I did. Those ladies continue to bless me even today...So thankful.
Three different times today I was approached about adoption. Had we? Were we? What are we? I don't know. However, after my day today, I was once again reminded to live in the moment of today. Embracing all that I have right in front of me. If & when the Lord decides to give me another child to fill my arms, I am honored to care for His. Each and every person I saw today is precious, loved and totally cherished by the Lord. His children....needing that tender loving care, hug, listening ear, shoulder to cry on, arms to lift them up. What a blessing to be called to such a purpose. I am honored and humbled, Lord. Truly.
While mowing in the late evening hours, I had exactly 45 min to pray and think about the day. 45 min to race the neighbor guy mowing his yard. I knew he would want me to win. 45 min of uninterrupted time to feel the cold in the air, smell the gas tinged aroma mixed with the fresh green all around me.
Yes, I am at peace.
Nervous about tomorrow? Yes, but at peace.
This is a milestone for me. A big one. No one told me it would be almost two years later that I would approach the end of what has been a beautifully scandalous journey.
My heart beats stronger.
My faith has been tested and tried. Yielded and growing.
My body is healing.
My soul has found its rest beside the still waters of peace. Beyond my understanding my Shepherd stands close by. Watching and waiting. Loving and protecting. He has plans for this girl. Not sure (exactly) everything He has, but learning to enjoy the little of this and that...that He blesses me with every day.
Lord, may I be found worthy.
Thank you in advance for your thoughts and prayers. Surgery is at 7:30am. My surgeon is Dr. "H". I will be resting a bit. Much less than previous surgeries. My 6th and LAST of the last two years....and hopefully for my life as the Lord moves me forward.
Yes, this girl will be resting and enjoying it, for when she wakes, she will be ready to move mountains. Offering up everything I have with my mustard seed faith....in Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment