Reviews & Such things!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

At Last.....

Tuesday at the window is awesome as usual. NO tardies so far...My little world in this ten foot squared-windowed room is rolling along well.

I have mentioned and mentioned big changes. Well, today I get to share...

As of October 14th Aaron will be the pastor of a Bible Church in our town. Whew! It's out. Off my chest! *sigh*
We have kept quiet about this for a number of reasons, namely because we didn't want it to get out that we were "looking" for something. We were NOT.  This opportunity came out of no where. The Lord sort of dumped the apple cart over- so to speak and after seeking counsel, many prayer filled (sleepless) nights, we realized that two years ago we had laid our yes on the table to serve the Lord. Aaron started seminary, and we stayed open to what the Lord would do. So, how could we say no? Unless of course we knew He was closing the door for us, but He didn't and now we are going and are very excited. Peaceful. Open.

We are sad too.

We LOVE our church. We LOVE our friends there and we LOVE the ministries we are involved in. It is painful in many ways, but obedience is never easy, nor is it easily understood by others. Aaron has been the worship leader for 20 years, myself for 8 at our home church. This is not just some "easy" button decision. Oh I wish it were!!! I will be the worship leader. Hopefully recruiting more than just me to form a team.

We have felt the love and support from many. And we Thank you! Your prayers for continued support would be coveted. We love you guys.

Now you could see why having two foster kids would be overwhelming! I can see it now too! =)

Believe me, during the question and answer time we tried to be as honest and forthright as possible. I did however forget to mention that I like ketchup on my eggs and believe it should be its own food group. I hope they don't mind. I don't think it is a salvation issue unless there are ketchup haters, but that is the Lords to judge. No one should hate. Just saying.

As for the questions about being equipped? Good one! Life has been our greatest teacher. We are relying heavily on the quote we heard one time that "He doesn't call the equipped. He equips the called." 

Our hearts are heavy as this week we will say goodbye to our home church, but at the same time are rejoicing in the blessing of serving still. Being used and hopefully strengthened in Jesus.

Take care for now...I will be writing again soon. Hopefully a little more once my book is done on my end. (End of Oct. is my deadline) Life with the Lord is a wild ride. I am learning to just throw my hands up and enjoy the ride at last....Even if there are some Ketchup haters out there.

1 comment:

  1. Love you Erin!!! i'm going to miss you so much! You guys will do great!
    -Jaquelyn

    ReplyDelete