Halloween is over and all that is left of it is our rotting pumpkin out on our front doorstep and the fake candy bits and pieces that have attached themselves to the bottom of Cade's bucket. (gross) We have attachment issues here...=) When you are six, letting go is hard to do....whether it is the pumpkin you worked so hard on or the last of the candy you walked and walked to get, that stuff is hard to part with.
We have had a wonderful couple of weeks!
We are gearing up to go to MS this Thanksgiving. We are SUPER excited to see our CA relatives and meet these wonderful guys that married my fabulous cousins! PLUS our entire family will be together. Each child of G'ma's along with their kids and spouses and children. Yes, that is ALL of us. YEAH!!!!! Life is so precious. I realized that when we were down there two years ago. We weren't all together, but I will let you in on a little secret...knowing that we had plans to ALL get together for 2012 kept me going through some dark times. Tears come just thinking of it. I love my family with a passion. I hate what Cancer has done to my body, but I LOVE what it has shown me about those I love. Yes, I am thankful this year. Oh so thankful.
Here is what we have been up to:
-Cade has 4 loose teeth. Attachment issues there as well, but we are working through it. Soon he will have no choice! =) He will add some teeth to his Christmas List this year.
-Aaron is doing a FABULOUS job at our church. We miss our old church dearly and love them so much, but are thankful that we have become established here and are starting to see more and more growth.
-I have finished the first leg of my book. It is now with the editors and I await revisions.
-My favorite pair of pants completely ripped out last week while I was trying to see what was out bothering my goat friends late one night. Aaron was in the truck providing security and lights while I checked each one. Out of nowhere this guy (who ended up being our neighbor) pops up out of the bush behind me and asks me if I have seen his horse. My embarrassment was complete when his mom came out in their truck through the field and turned her lights on as well. The said pants were past their prime and had to go. I'll let it pass that he mentioned me and his horse in the same sentence and just stick to the pants...never wear ripped pants anywhere. There is just no modest way out.....
-My restrictions are finally off! WOOOHOOO!!!! Lord willing this will be the last of them. I can finally find a normal and stick to it without another long and drawn out thing looming in my future.
-I completely blew off an appointment with my Radiation Onc. When you have 6 Dr's you see on a fairly regular basis, that is easy to do. They just laughed...but guess what? It has already been ONE YEAR since I have seen him last! *Fist pump*
-I have a job! Yes, a real job. I am no longer at the welcome window at school, but I come in later that day for 3 hours and teach PE. I loved it! Yesterday was my first day and let me tell you, I believe the kids are praying their old teacher returns! I had a total of 8 crying for various reasons and the oldest group were laid out on the floor waiting for dismissal. LOL! Perhaps from their perspective it wasn't so great, but I LOVED the kids. They were hysterical! I recieved an additional workout as well. 3 hours worth. When they ran, I ran. When they sat, I sat. The only thing I didn't help them with was team builders. They were great!
-Aaron's dad is recovering from Pneumonia. He was in the hospital for a week and we have seen him improve a bit since being home. It is difficult to see him like this. He is miserable, and there isn't a thing we can do for him. If you think about it, would you pray for him? He is coming up on his 6th yr anniversary of his stroke. This is always a bittersweet time for our family, but God is good. He has given us much. We look forward to celebrate another year! Praise You Jesus for being our Emmanuel...God with us!
I hope this finds you well. I know that this is just bits and pieces. I will have more to write soon. I have turned in my lesson plans for Nov. My worship team schedule and set lists are completed for Nov, and the schedule is done for the year. *sigh* Being a pastors wife is different, but good. Hard work, but so fulfilling. We are looking into the life of Jonah in our womens bible study. Taking just 6 verses at a time and trusting the Lord to reveal to us life lessons that will allow us to navigate the troubled waters of our life.
He will.
Always.
I promise....even when all we have to give Him,
Is the bits and pieces....
No comments:
Post a Comment