As I sit, I'm listening. Pondering the actions of recent days. My own and more often than not- those of others. As the morning dawns I am filled with wonder at the creation of this beautiful and yet scandelous world.
Yes, it was a deliberate action that THE Lord took to bring this into being. Much like the actions of an individual who took things out of being. Sandy Hook. Tears fall as I think about it. Oh how I wish I could be there to comfort those who mourn. I would sit. Hug. Hold. Cry. What more could I do? Nothing. Nada.
What grief they bear. Sadness. A heaviness that reminds us this world is not our home. This beautiful created world that grows darker by the day. Where the silver lining is more and more difficult to see as the very days we live in dim in the light of eternity. Oh, what a day that will be! A day where there will be no more sorrow. The parents hearts will be healed. Whole. All things broken will be made new. His word tells us SOON.
This holiday season has been the hardest one yet. Ambiguous feelings. I have cried, fought, and dealt with my anger over many things. My self-esteem, at an inch tall is at an all time high for the recent years. Not much, but oh the precious miles that have been traveled to get to this point. I am thankful. So much so, that I can hardly breathe at times.
Today is my last visit with my plastic surgeon except for my yearly rechecks. I was released earlier this week from my Radiation Oncologists care. Yes, I am getting better. I am finally getting to say goodbye to several doctors. At least from the monthly basis, now to a managable yearly visit.
As I read Isaiah 52-56, I found some nuggets of truth that lifted my head. I hope they do the same to yours!
Here is my shorthand version:
Wake up! And free yourselves from the chains that hold you captive that are wrapped around your neck! You have beautiful feet who tell the good news of the gospel. Proclaiming peace and good tidings! Yes, OUR GOD REIGNS!
SING. Worship.
Come away from the things that set you back. From any sin that holds you fast. God...He is our rear guard.
He too was disfigured. Beyond human recognition. But it is He who will reach the nations. He was rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. (Oh, how we need such a tender, personal, "knowing" God.)
SING. And Worship!
Those who do not, cannot have children. Sing! Open wide your doors. He has use for you!!! A purpose. The HOLY One Of Israel is your Redeemer.
Oh how this world needs a Savior. He can relate. He IS the silver lining that this world needs. It is not of our own strength. He is the God who knows the "WHY?" The Emmanuel that holds those that mourn. The Prince of Peace that defends and acts as a rear guard. Our Redeemer.
The twinkling lights seem to dance in the early hours of morning. Almost as if they hold a secret. They do. We can know it too. When we fall on our knees and hear the voice of the One who is calling. Come, let us adore Him. Worship Him. The elders and the angels are singing it night and day. Around His throne. Christmas time is almost like a glimpse of what it is like as the world sings.
Nothing shakes Him from His throne. He alone is worthy. Yes, He is coming back. For now, that is all we need to know. It is like a constant waiting for Christmas morning. That gift that no one can guess, but that we will all adore.
Being the last page of a book sort of reader I will tell you this....HE WINS.
May this holiday season restore in you the HOPE of glory. Yes...OUR GOD REIGNS. Even now, He stands ready. Patient. Not wanting anyone to perish. But all to see that indeed this baby wrapped in a manger is the hope-the silver lining- for this world.
No comments:
Post a Comment