Reviews & Such things!

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Healing is in Your Hands....

The nights don't seem as restless now. Only the occaisional insomnia remains. The scars are fading as time continues on. The steady cadence of rythym. Tick tock. So much to do and say and want and to fight for in those 60 seconds of beat. One at a time goes quickly past. And yet we remain. Almost all of us.

I struggle to comprehend the Maker at times. Not because of who He is but His ways. So much higher than mine, I am often left to ponder what He is up to. But I'm never alone. He hears. He sees. He knows. He is Emmanuel. The God with us that remains through each ticking of time. Through the steady rythym of life. Far past the twinkling of lights and the tinsel on trees.

Every breath is precious. Every life is sacred...being a part of who HE is. His image.

My thoughts run to the absolute opposites that inhabit our days. I recieve good news. (praise!!!) Yet I read of a sweet friend who is struggling. Grasping at life as evening begins to fade into midnight as her days are almost numbered to the exact completion of the One who breathed them into being. An absolute. Total. Each one counted by name.

I find it difficult at times to grasp fully the questions and concerns that often permeate my day. "Why so down? You have your life in front of you!" "Don't worry about them, that isn't your life- it's theirs." "I can't understand the disappointment you feel at this point....hasn't He given you everything you prayed for?"

As a beautiful friend recently mentioned in her post- "I'm human!" Yes, we think. We feel. We have the same emotions. Different Gifts.

Mine is to write. To teach. To bring into black and white the vivid color pictures of our thoughts. The deepest longings of our hearts. They are real, though unreliable. And so is HE....

This past beginning...the NEW YEAR was a milestone for me. Two years. TWO YEARS. How can it be? Flipping through old photographs reminds me of the places I've been, encourages me on the road I'm on, and propells me forward to the places I'll go. Each one new. Unique. Especially for me. Just as they do for you.

I try not to judge, though I'm "blessed" with things like cussing thoughts. No, not words, but thoughts that if said would be as offensive as a curse word. Bitter, vile, and they don't return. If spoken they go out and hurt. Wound. Destroy. Much like a enemy I read about in His Holy Word.

Treat them as dust. Wipe them away. Whether they be thoughts, words or actions, shake them off your feet. You were made for more.

I leave you today with a thought. A song really. By the great Christy Nockles. "Healing is in Your Hands"

"No mountain. No valley. No gain or loss we know.
Could keep us from Your love.
No sickness. No secret. No chain is strong enough.
To keep us from You love.

How high. How wide. No matter where I am.
Healing is in Your hands.
Our present. Our future. Our past is in Your hands.
We're covered by Your blood.

How high. How wide. No matter where I am.
Healing is in Your hands.
How deep. How strong. Now by Your grace I stand.
Healing is in Your hands.

In all things. We know that.
We are more than conquerors.
You keep us by Your love."

Stay kept in His love. Embraced today. It's a place I long to stay. It's a place I am learning to abide. I stumbled here and have been changed. Forever.

Leave the healing to Him.

It's in His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment