Good morning! I just realized that a couple of my book reviews never published...my sincere apologies to Bethany House Publishing. Please note, the following reviews are my opinion alone. I was given these books via the Publisher in exchange for a review. So here they are again...
1) "Get Your Teenager Talking" by Jonathan McKee
In his book, Get Your Teenager Talking, Mr. McKee gives 180 conversation starters. While not having a teen aged child of my own, I found his book insightful, and refreshing. I believe this would pair well with scripture to any youth worker, parent or pastor seeking to find ways to reach teens.
The easy format makes this book very manageable and a great reference. I highly recommend it!
2) "Shadow Hand" by Anne Elizabeth Stengl
I was completely lost in this book...until I realized it was not the first of a series, but about the eighth! I loved it. It puts me in mind of The Lord of the Rings type--book.
I felt the author did an excellent job of drawing parallels from the past that echo hauntingly to present day. Her imaginative plot (I'm not giving it away) draws you in, and sets you to thinking about Idols, false teachings, and the Truth of Gods word and the freedom therein. It's costly, as the heroine finds out, and compels the reader to seek truth. Well done! I'll be purchasing the other books in this exciting series!
No comments:
Post a Comment