Reviews & Such things!

Monday, June 16, 2014

It's June...already...

How May came and went and June fell upon us, I shall never know.

This past day has been spent cleaning up mess after mess, created (lovingly) by a sweet little girl who is getting far too big for her britches. Seriously. She crawled out of her crib last night. I found her dangling by her hands off the side of her baby bed this morning, so out came the toddler transition-- out of the same bed. That girl is determined to grow up! Nothing is too big for her, and if her big brother does it--well, so should she!

Speaking of Cade; he began his third year of swim lessons. He hates them, until he's there and then tells me just how much he LOVES it. He says that a lot. About Piano Lessons, Cub Scouts, Golf--though he rarely complains about that, and then of course there is the chores...but I'll take every bit of it. We are learning too.

Aaron is getting ready to go back into seminary. Yes, we needed that one-more-thing. (Ha, Ha) We have been reorganizing our lives (as if that is even possible) to absorb this new change. Several things went by the wayside, and others came just a bit more into focus. He is very excited.

Our projects have dwindled down and I am thrilled. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE me a good project. Especially a refinishing one. However, I'm ready for a break. We are a week(-ish) out from completing our pool install. 27ft. around didn't look that big all rolled up...=)

This week marks my 3 year milestone. Ironically, I've spent the last two months re-establishing with new physicians as they have moved, retired, or changed vocations. Yes, my oncologist changed as well and then I should mention that they lost my records. Again. Perhaps a fresh start is just the thing! =) Lord willing I will still be in remission. I am grateful.

I'm thankful to all of you who have read, are reading or have purchased my book. Thank you. From the bottom of my heart, you have blessed me. If you get the chance to review it on Amazon.com, or Barnes and Noble, please do! I'd love to hear from you!

I've continued to write, though mostly in my head. I'm also prepping for another couple of women's retreats coming up in the fall. I am so excited. Some days I can hardly believe that the Lord would allow me to leave these four walls and be among women who encourage me and build me up. Diapers and spilled Cheerios can only get you so far. I'm telling you--He (the Lord) is far better to us than we deserve.

I need to retire for the night, but sending out my thoughts and prayers in your direction tonight.

-Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment