As I mentioned before, I am prepping for two retreats this fall. They are closing in on me, and I'm getting excited. Giddy. I LOVE this kind of thing. One of them is titled "Repurposed." I find myself smack dab in the middle of that word all the time. Searching for purpose and wondering if I'm living it. Who doesn't? Our "usefulness" changes. The varying seasons of our lives are always "changing."
Recently, I reconnected with a friend here in town. Her name is Connie. I'm not actually sure just how we met, but I'm assuming sometime 10 years ago when I transplanted to our little town. Her husband Dale has a salon, here in town, that I've been going to for some time now. Anywho...
Connie started a little side business that is growing. And growing. Ironically? It's called
"The MUSTARD Seed." Just like our faith. Just like the scripture teaches. Her amazingly fun job is taking "old" furniture and décor, and making it "new." I'm all about that kind of thing. It ads richness. Value. Character and class. Want to take a peak? Lets do....
How darling is that? Plus...she's ramping up for the Holidays!
New stuff gets added daily. Locals: GO.CHECK.OUT.HER.STORE.
415 N. Pennsylvania
Her displays, centerpieces, frames, all of it are a PERFECT reminder of how dreams, with mustard seed-like faith can grow. The changes? For the good. Repurposing.
Sometimes it takes just the right person to see the good in something, and have just the right touch to bring it out. Or encourage a person to live it out.
Much like us. Our fragile hearts. Our souls. And every now and then, we get to see our faith grow. And when tended to, cared for, and repurposed, by The One who can call out the good in us--we get to see mountains move.
Thanks for chatting with me today.
-Erin




No comments:
Post a Comment