Do you wear a FitBit? It's fun...when it works. I have "friends" on my account with FB that join in on these challenges where you walk so many steps, etc. The app on my phone updates on occasion or doesn't when it wants to. Last week it said I had walked 77 steps. Yes, I'm a rockstar. You would want me on your team, right? Turns out the battery is going out on the Zip and it won't update to conserve energy. Lame.
Just because a "tracking device" doesn't track, does NOT mean that there wasn't progress. (I mean even the Jews traveled more on the Sabbath than 77 steps. Amaright?) Sheesh.
However, the Lord has been good and is showing me so much about the little things that I do that aren't "tracked" or noticed. They matter. It usually isn't the big things in life that side track us, is it? But the little things that over time whittle away a chunk at a time where pretty soon the foundation is gone.
Whether the battery works or not, I desire to be faithful. To walk my steps. To fulfill my word, and to show up when that's the only thing to do. As frustrating as life gets sometimes, just show up. Walk your 77 steps or your 10,000. Be there. What you bring to this life, matters.
We saw evidence of that in DC. Yes, we still are talking about it. GO if you can. It is incredible! The men and women who founded this country...whew. They showed up and went the distance. Inspiring, and encouraging to build and rebuild a solid foundation.
(Oh, and if you go to DC...be prepared to walk a bit more than 77 steps...)
No comments:
Post a Comment