Reviews & Such things!

Monday, August 10, 2015

Vacation 1...Update

I told you I'd get back to you with photos and here they are.

Better late than never!

I'll have you know, it's naptime and I'm hiding from the little as she is currently peeking at me under the door saying, "Mom-mom! I done? All done naptime?"

I have selective hearing. At least for the next few (downloading) minutes! =)

I've been in the mode of "Just do the next thing." It has taught me so much this summer. To stop and relax. Enjoy and have fun. Worry less and live more.

My kids remind me daily to just go for it. Literally--they start 100 mph at 0'dark-thirty. They live life just right out there.

I digress...

Here are the pics from our vacation.
 

Day 1: We traveled into DC via my brother Adam's house...1 1/2 hours away.
 


Sightseeing started at The Washington Monument. From there we went to The World II Memorial, The Lincoln Memorial, and finally the Museum of American History. (Hands to the Heavens) It was a HOT day, but Oh!!! SO incredibly beautiful.




 
May we never forget.

 
Adam went with us. He was clearly enthralled.



 
What his eyes have seen...


 
There was not a sound that even echoed around the wall of the fallen.
Complete silence. Reverence.
One could not walk through and leave unmoved.
Tears flowed freely.


 
While the rest of us admired the sights, Libbi plotted escape...at EVERY turn.
Yes, she has a leash. We called it the "hugging Owl."
 
Don't judge.


 
The White House. So stately and regal.
May we always honor the God in whom this country was founded on.
 
 


 
This was how we ended the day. In traffic, praising the Lord for Starbucks!
 
More pics to come!
 
Much love!




















































No comments:

Post a Comment