Reviews & Such things!

Monday, March 21, 2011

"Do it anyway...."

Have any of you ever said that to your child? It would go something like this......"It doesn't matter if no one else does....you need to do it anyway." It seems that I have found myself in that conversation more times than I would like. As it so often does, I find myself living out the same lessons in my own life. Only it isn't my mom saying those things......it is the Lord. The still, quiet voice. The advice that seems to come out of nowhere, encouraging you to do what you really don't want to do (most of the time- if I'm honest) but after praying and 17 confirmations (well, perhaps only 2) you realize  you need to act. And while thinking about not taking action, you hear a sermon, or another friend tell you something about delayed obedience, etc. You get my meaning- guilt often is the driving force for what we know that we know that we know we are supposed to be doing.
So what is it exactly that I am talking about? Well, after my day yesterday this poem came to mind and I thought I would share it.

Do It Anyway
By Mother Theresa

People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Suceed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destory overnight;
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis it is between you and God;
It was never between you and them anyway.



1 comment: