Reviews & Such things!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Fly Strong.....

I get such a kick out of reading other people's blogs. Most of the time I am full of shame for not posting more pics, simply because that means that I have NOT taken pictures, etc. and it seems like time just keeps flying by! Guilty mom speaking here....

It is so much fun to hear all of what goes on in others' lives. Whether it is nothing or something, it is fun to see how the Lord is providing so much for people.....including finances, paint jobs, children, health, an employment opportunity, vacations, etc. The list could go on and on and on....and it is so exciting!

This week we have had the flu. Rather, Cade has. Why is it that the flu monster only strikes at night? What began at around 3 am didn't quit until 9:30ish the same day. NON-stop. I was exhausted! He was even more so. That was on Sunday, and Aaron stayed home with him so I could go to treatment yesterday. It is often hilarious when I look back on things (I know- black  humor) but you know, even in the worst of it.....I am thankful. Thankful for stepping in diarrhea, then puke and then some more. Gross! My sweet little boy is still not feeling up to par. As I write, we are down on the couch once more, sipping gatorade, and trying to make a headache go away. His little tummy still hurts "just a little" and today we are going to try food. Mom of the year gave him a cheese stick (it was the only thing he asked for all day) and you probably can imagine the rest of the story.....

While at treatment this week the nurse and I were able to talk.They are such a great group of ladies and have an amazing job, one that not many could do. She shared a great many things including heartaches she is going thru. This was all before she even took my BP. I knew it must be weighing on her. I wish that I could have had some awesome words for her, etc. but you know, I was able to listen and just let her talk. It felt great. St. Francis of Assissi once said, "Preach the gospel, use words if necessary." I have always loved that quote and have begun to see the rich value and blessing in truly listening to the Holy Spirit. If there are words- speak them. If not- keep silent.

This past weekend we had a Wonderful World Women's Retreat. It was great! Good food, fun and fellowship. I had the "wonderful" privilege of speaking about "where is God when life is hard?" It was so freeing for me to be able to share what was on my heart and yes, I pulled off my wig. It was tearful for many reasons, namely b/c I truly realized that I have nothing to hide nor to be ashamed of. You don't realize some of these feelings creep in on you. It was liberating to share and to reveal all that the Lord is doing in my life and to finally say- "hey, this is the real me....it is what it is, and I am not ashamed." Yes, God is good, even when life is not. He is right here, with us in the bad times because He will NEVER leave.

We closed on our new house this past weekend as well. I know- what more could we have fit in? (I won't mention that I am getting ready for a garage sale, too! =)) I would post before and after pics, but they are rough! I think most of you would wonder just what in the world has happened to our minds! It will be beautiful....and I am sure I will squeeze in a picture or two very soon.

This is just a post full of random that has been going on. Mainly I write these for my mom....=) She says to just write and journal things, even if you don't have anything to say. -Sorry all! =)

We are heading to see Chris Tomlin in concert. Great times!!! I LOVE living in a city full of life and entertainment. There is always something to do and someone to see.

A note of encouragment was passed to me this weekend after I shared. This was from someone I didn't know, but at the end she was saying that she loved the butterfly story. She mentioned that while Lance Armstrong is "LIVE STRONG" she said she could see how God was taking this a step further with the butterfly story. She ended with, "Erin, God has given you a story to tell.......it is not just "chance" that He gave you the butterfly, so.........FLY STRONG." That is my new "motto" if you will. There is so much wrapped up in those two little words. It goes right along with my word of the year- Overcome. Full of hope, promise, joy, and yes reminders of struggle. Where would we be without each and every one of those things?

Thanks for reading my random post of the mundane things in life! OH! And before I forget.........MY HAIR IS JUST STARTING TO GROW BACK! SOOO excited! Yes, it is very blonde. (Just as Aaron predicted when I recently pulled some MAJOR blonde moments) Whether it will stay that way or not, time will tell. But I just had to share. My days of not having to shave my legs are numbered (sorry guys), and you would think I would be sad about that! =) *happiness!* I am hoping I will have hair by summer. My hair used to grow like a chia pets. You add water and it grows at break neck speeds. I have washed my hair multiple times since I have seen "the fuzz." LOL! I will keep you updated...

Have a great day! And don't forget when you see a butterfly to FLY STRONG!

1 comment:

  1. Oh honey, I LOVE reading your blog, even if it's an assortment of random things. It's YOU, and I love reading about what kind of day or week you're having. Please tell me that your talks were recorded this past weekend. I would so love to listen in . . .

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete