Today was a crazy day! Well, I should say the last several have been nuts. We have painted and then painted some more....and we still aren't done. (yes, mom......I am wearing my sleeve and taking my breaks- kind of) =)
Needless to say, anything on this house is an improvement so it boosts your self esteem just to do, well anything, really! LOL! It isn't all that bad, but it has its moments for sure.
We are loving it out in the country again. We are not moved in yet. Still a couple weeks away, but having a blast being able to work on stuff like this. Such a great (major) distraction right now. We have had the family out working on it, including my nephew Matt (lovingly *Mattithias*). He and I were painting the front of the house and had a great time laughing and talking.
It is so difficult to swallow the fact that kids grow up. I know- ground breaker there- but when you stop and realize they are growing up so fast and oh my goodness there is not a darned thing I can do to stop it and where did all the time go and......oh, catch a breath. That moment happened for me today. Call it menopause or whatever..... but there are just some moments that steal your breath away. Cade is growing up too. So fast. Not trying to be all sappy here, but when Aaron and I had some time to discuss school this fall, wow!!!! How does he get to be five in just a few short weeks. Of course I know, but when I was talking with Matt, I REMEMBER LITTLE MATTY BEING 5!!!! Oh, how I wish they could all just stay little. At least for a little while longer.
Perhaps it is just the day.....but I just have to wonder. Thru the new eyes that I have been seeing thru.....I am now SEEING my blessings- because of the rain drops.....
No comments:
Post a Comment