Reviews & Such things!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Texas, Rattle snakes and Weddings.....

A while back someone wrote and told me that they were praying for me to get an unexpected, yet pleasant surprise. Well, that was the day I went and saw my Radiologist Onc., well needless to say, while I was talking with him he asked me if there was anything he could do to make my summer be a little better than it has been. I just told him I would really like to be done before my brothers reception in MI. come Sept. He then asked me when the wedding was  and when I told him July he started figuring up and wouldn't you know....the only days that I can take off during treatment was at the halfway mark....which fell right on Thursday/Friday of this past week- the perfect time to make Eric's wedding! Since mom, dad, and Alison were stopping here for the night on their way, Cade and I just went along!

Texas is HUGE. You literally drive 30 min. before you come to a town that may or may not have a gas station. Amazing clouds, stars, scenery everywhere you look were absolutely captivating! The people there were just as warm and welcoming as the state and the snakes! While there we saw a total of 3 snakes and all of them matching a rattlesnakes description....and multiple mice. Ugh!!! I was so tired that by the end of the weekend I decided that I was going to mouse hunt if we saw "one more!" So, wouldn't you know.....6:30 am on Sat. morning Alison and I woke up to my mom, and aunt standing on their bed hollering since the mice were in their room....we never did catch one but saw plenty and chased them into Grandma's room while she slept! We did our best to get it out of there, but if you would have seen the many "escapes" they had I am just going to say I was VERY thankful no snakes decided to grace us with their presense.

People talk about the heat of Texas but you truly have to experience it to know what it is like! After the wedding, and all the people left, we danced and laughed until late into the evening...in 105 deg. weather! The highest we saw while there was 110. Whew! Cade loved it, heat and all! I did too, and even learned to dance the two step. I wouldn't claim to be proficient, but at least the kind folks of TX didn't ask me to step off the stage.

We met some wonderful people and are thrilled to have the Beck family as part of ours! Cade LOVES the fact that we have more people for him to love. He enjoyed meeting my Aunt Jenny from CA, and Uncle Jay from VA. Mom, Alison and Cade are all crashed as we head back home. I am up writing and studying for tonight as our VBS begins. I have multiple lines to learn as well as songs to learn and teach with my good buddy Raelene. LOVE all the wireless tools available now! Dad is doing a great job driving us and stopping for the multiple stops I have to make...gotta love water pills! I will post pictures of the beautiful couple as soon as I get home. Until then it is reading and sleeping time!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Erin, that is so awesome that you were able to be at your brother's wedding! What a blessing for you & your whole family! Can't wait to see pics from your trip. Thankfully, you didn't get too close to those rattlesnakes :) Erin can't have a trip without some bit of adventure :)

    ReplyDelete