Reviews & Such things!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

All in a days work.....

What a wonderful, refreshing, and relaxing (er- sort of....) time we had in Michigan. Seeing family and friends is always a favorite past-time. Ironically, very little time was actually spent with my siblings, but it was nice to see them and be together again.

The weekend activities were surrounded with things "to do" to prepare for the reception we went up there for. (Which by the way was beautiful) Mom will probably sleep for about a week. My camera died after my second shot. Argh!!! Oh well. You will have to take my word for it. Such is life. There will be pictures to share and post soon.

Speaking of pictures...Cade had school pictures yesterday. If you could have seen how he demonstrated the "smile" he was going to use for his photo's you would have understood why we had "smile practice" all the way to school. I was very loving of course, as I bribed guided him away from the teethless and struggling look AND away from the freakishly scary clown look. Needless to say, my "chocolate milk for the entire length of your milk card" came back to bite me as he informed me that pictures came after lunch, when he had an accident with the said milk, and had spilled it down the front of him. I hope they placed him in the back of the picture- for his height of course. Lesson learned: next time I will use money. ;)

I was recently asked what I did with all my "free time" now that Cade was in school and I was all by myself. Before I embarrassed myself with a loud laugh that would end in a snort, I decided to opt for writing out a day that isn't typical, by certainly isn't uncommon. Here goes:

Yesterday:
7:45am- In the car, driving to school (don't forget "smile practice" on the way)
8:10am- Purchasing the above "milk card"
8:30am- Meeting a nurse at my In-Laws for introductions
9:00am- Picking up my dear friend Rachelle to shop Sam's Club for the fall festival.
9:15am- Stopping by the church to pick up some $$$
9:30am- Dropping in at the Library to pick up my books on hold
10:00am- the shopping begins
12:30pm- break for lunch; 3 carts/flats down, 2 to go.
1:45pm- driving back and unloading the truck
3:00pm- dropped Rachelle off; on my way to get Cade from school
3:45pm- On our way to volunteer at Meet The Need (Always a great time!)
5:00pm- Let Cade off at the church to eat Pizza, grabbing a slice myself on the way out.
5:30pm- Delivering Shelva's (mother-in-law) things to her I picked up for her at Sam's; putting them away and getting Dave (father-in-law) put to bed.....he was without his nap, thus  he was VERY sleepy.
7:00pm- Back to church (to Decorate for fall, and just update things), with Joy C.
11:05pm- Home sweet Home......

Note: the unmarked times were for DRIVING.

 I think I went everywhere- twice, yesterday. I hadn't seen my home until 11:00ish last night, since leaving for school in the morning. The sad hilarious part? I don't get paid! My job description changes- daily. You could add in other church related or school related and even friend related things. Laundry, groceries, cleaning, cooking, any day could end up just like yesterday with out advanced notice and certainly no overtime. Paid vacations, holiday's and sick days are over-rated....But I love it. No where else could I find a more satisfying or rewarding job than what I get to do everyday......all in a days work.

No comments:

Post a Comment