Reviews & Such things!

Saturday, October 1, 2011

October......

Yes, I haven't fallen asleep on this blog, just busy.
That seems to be the story of every one's life! I totally understand.

This week we finished painting the house- praise the Lord! We have been waiting for a cooler stretch of dry weather to touch up the last of the trim, etc. It feels great to be done! Cade has decided that he is going to be a painter like Uncle Jay when he grows up.  He heard us discussing painting stories while he was playing with Moon Sand, (while in Michigan) and out of no where last week, he looks at us and says that if he practices long enough he will get good at trim work. I was surprised he remembered all of what we were talking about. Just goes to show that even though  you think they aren't listening....things are sinking in deep. So much so that they make decisions about it.

Speaking of decisions, I have finally decided to write. Not just blog, but as in a "book." I have been collaborating with mom on some ideas for a while now. (It helps to know the publisher! =)) Part of saying it, is keeping me accountable to it. Like a lot of things, the Lord likes to wake me up in the middle of the night with ideas. The other night, he didn't wake me- I just couldn't fall asleep. So around midnight, I roll out of bed and start in on it. It was amazing how things started pouring out. Thoughts, stories, memories, emotions, encouragement, scripture. Just like spilled paint, it began to spread and get on everything. I just started typing as fast as I could and the Lord just lined things up. Believe me when I say it is with MUCH fear and trembling that I am doing this. By no means have I anything great to say, but out of obedience- I am going to write.

Today is the first day of October. Breast Cancer Awareness Month. For a while now, many people have given me things. Everywhere from a "Duck Quack-er" to pins, ribbons, books, hats, and scarves. All of it pink. All of it reminders. To say I am avoiding all things pink would be exaggerating. Yet, I am not in a hurry to wear it either. Sometimes the desire to stick my head in the sand is much easier than being a walking billboard and re-hashing things again and again. It isn't something I am ashamed of, just simply too raw, still, to boldly wave a flag. Make sense? Perhaps I am in denial- who knows? However, I am writing and rehashing and dealing with much at the moment. Pressing on and through isn't stopping, but progressing. One step at a time. So, if you think about it- pray for those who have, are and will be going thru the same thing. It begs for attention because 1 in 2-4 women will have this cancer in their life time. That is far too many. Let's not sit back and do nothing. One person can make a difference.

Think Pink this month my friends. It comes around every October....

No comments:

Post a Comment