Reviews & Such things!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

"LETITGO"

Bound up in uncertainty, and unsure of my next move, I have found myself on my knees. Again. Wondering if ya'll have been there? Are there? Headed in that direction?

 My current situation was sticky. Heavy. Messy at best.

While talking with a great friend of mine via text, she reminded me to "remember who I was".   Since that conversation I have revisited those words over and over again. "Remember who you are, Erin." I didn't have to like exactly what I was going thru, but was I willing to really let it bother me? Was I really wanting to break down a friendship/aquaintance just to have the last word? What do I do (if anything) from here?

How about you? Have you ever been the recipient of a letter or an email that was intended for someone else, but you ended up recieving it...only to discover it was about you? Or how about a text message? Better still, what if someone thought that they silenced their phone when you were calling them, but really answered it and suddenly you were hearing a conversation about you, carried on with another person that you knew?

 What to do? All three situation are real and have happened. But how's a Jesus Girl supposed to respond?

With lighter moments needed, I was watching one of my favorite TV shows. One of the main characters was discussing his new words that he was creating to "handle life and awkward moments." Goodness knows I have been there! His version of "let it go" came out of his desire to scream, yell or cuss at inappropriate times, thus his need for a new word, because he was trying to break bad habits. "LETITGO!" pronounced: Let-i-go was his word of the day.

I was tracking with him on breaking bad habits, handling life, and awkward moments. I wanted to knock this person/these people's teeth in, but that probably wouldn't have been appropriate for a Jesus Girl. As a worship leader I could have sung "I'll Expose Thee..." (to the tune of "I Exalt Thee") No, there is just something wrong about that picture. Have you ever felt like that? Tell me I am not alone......

Did it hurt? Was that mean? Yes, and yes. But I can ONLY change me; control MY actions/response. I was even thinking that I have probably done the same thing myself!

Remembering who (and Whose) I am, I simply spoke it right out loud "LETITGO"...and it felt great. It made me laugh, actually. I started to see that there is a lot of grace in that word. Given and recieved. I know what I would want someone to do if that were me on the other end.

It will never matter what others do, but I am learning that what I do today, determines my next step: forward or backward? Not all things are easy to just let go of,  but when you can....LETITGO.

No comments:

Post a Comment