What a blessed relief from the heat of Missouri.
Cade and I came up to get some more visiting and work done at moms. I love being here and seeing the green, the new life regenerated after a season of dormancy....much the way I am feeling at the moment.
Each season has it's blessings if we wait, but there in lies my problem.....the waiting.
In this fast food society it is much easier to have the resources ready and waiting along with our order so that things can go as easy and quickly as possible. Well, at least we think along along those lines! =)
Today we are heading to the movies, swimming in the kiddie pool set up in my parents back yard, listening to the news and happenings, and feeling the cool weather on my skin. Nothing speaks of peace like the five senses being engaged in something new, yet old...it is all in how I look at it.
My mind seems to ramble this morning. Overflowing with thankfulness, burdened with heaviness for friends, thoughtful in prayer, humbled by His grace all wrapped up in my fight against fears that seems to be daily lately.
I appreciate your prayers in this for me. God is good, the victory is won, but the battle is fierce right now.
Prior to leaving, my flowers needed constant attention. It was and IS touch and go with the landscaping I so carefully worked at. Next summer will be telling. I had mentioned in an earlier blog, that I love sitting on my rocking chairs out on my front porch. I also mentioned my love of flowers.
One morning as I was giving TLC to my petaled friends, I noticed that a dog had....well there is no easy way of putting it...expelled some "waste" in one of my planters. Game on. Time to pull out the broom and wait. As you can imagine, this northern turned southern girl sat with my coffee in hand, broom propped against the porch wall, rocking back and forth in wait for my four legged nemesis.
I didn't wait long. The hilarious part was as soon as he saw me... he fled. I mean FLEW away from me. Needing the exercise, I ran
Is it a big deal? No. Just a momentary irritation that as I write it out has me laughing at how rediculous this sounds. I hope you find the same enjoyment out of it, and believe me...no animal was harmed or will be harmed. =)
It has taken me some time to think some things through. Much has been on my heart.
Family. Book. Cade. School. Church. Family. Friends. Fears. Family. You see the pattern. Much of this I cannot write about, at least now, but that is OK.
In taking the time needed to think on these things I have determined that I neede a new attitude. One of thankfulness because I was letting everything around me "get to me". You know what I mean? It is difficult to be negative when adopting an attitude of gratitude. It moves me from thinking about how I would LIKE things to be, to being thankful for the way things ARE. Living in the moment. Fast food, without the hurry.
Like the dormant flowers that need the constant care in the drought, it is the same for my heart needing the daily streams of refreshing for this dry and thirsty soul. My attitude allowes me to face the day or reject it. Both affects those around me, but also my relationship with the Lord. Embracing the now just made me realize....what a beautiful day.
Wonderful.
ReplyDelete