Love me some family time.
Nothing like late nights and early mornings, chatting with the fam, swimming in the kiddie pool and swatting pesky flies and mosquitos.
Not sure how the time flies so quickly, but I am THANKFUL for the time that we have had!!!
Adam came in last night. It is so wonderful to see him. Just over a year since last time...
Cade enjoyed VBS at my sisters church while we were here earlier this week, and he and I took a little trip to Ohio to visit with some great friends from college. Megan and Mark have three adorable little boys who welcomed Cade and even declared BFF status. I love the summertime friends and bonds that once formed are inseperable by distance.
Today is full of visiting at a wedding reception and possibly a fireside visit with the siblings. Great memories and shared laughs are just a few of my favorite things.
So glad I have a couple more days.
Alison and I have yet to go car shopping; mom and I have plans for cleaning out the garage; Sarah and I are going to get the kiddos together for a play date, and some other bits and pieces left to tie up.
It has been wonderful for me to be here. Sort of like a fresh breath of air. A much needed respite. Don't know why, but thankful all the same. Everyday I've had time to sit and just think. And even NOT think. Just being still. A discipline I am still mastering.
While driving to OH, Cade noticed the Amish. I admire their simplicity, and diligence with which most of them work. After a while, he speaks up from the back seat..."Hey mom, let's play I SPY AN AMISH GUY". Seriously had to laugh over that one.
I must go for now. Looking forward to posting pictures of the purse Megan and I made while at her house; the pictures of the boys we took while at a park; and those of family while we are here.
See you later for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment