Reviews & Such things!

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Laughter, Tears, and Goats

School has started and is in full force. This year brings some changes for us. Namely Cade is in a combined class of 1st and 2nd Graders. I am excited as he will be learning along other children who are obviously learning in an older grade, but as he is now in the same classroom, he will have the opportunity to not get bored...LOL.

If you think it is impossible for that little man to get bored, think again! Over the past few weeks of summer he has managed to cut up his pillow case thinking that it would be "no big deal" for me to get on Pinterest to re-work it back into a pillow case.

More recently he found a can of blue spray paint that to him appeared "bored" so he spray painted the cat.

Good grief! I need a nap just thinking about it!

This year I am volunteering at the school one morning a week for a couple of hours. (where I am at now) I work at the welcome window taking lunch money, answering phones, taking messages, writing out tardy/absentee slips, etc. Then I fill in the rest of the down time doing projects from home or helping with other things that come up. So far it has been fun. I love doing secretarial stuff!

I cannot believe Cade is in 1st Grade. (Tears) It seems just like yesterday that he was way too small to even think about going to school. Now he promptly gives me a peck on the cheek if "no other kids are around" and skips on his way. Wow! Time is so precious because they grow so fast. He is such a great kid...even if he spray paints animals.

I mentioned earlier that we had goats. We do. We HAVE four now. We have been building a shelter for them for the winter and are getting close to completing that. Next will be the fence. For now, they are chained to a brick, or tree and have done a marvelous job of eating anything and everything in sight. I've told you I love to mow the lawn, it is no wonder why I took to goats so quickly! =)

I meet with my plastic surgeon again today. Should find out when my last surgery is scheduled! (fist pump- can you tell I live with boys?) My Oncologist moved practices, so in the meantime as he relocates I am filling in with a partner of his. Much fear and trepidation there with that, but the Lord will work it out. I will rejoin with him when he is established.

Much has happened since we have last "talked"...exciting things! I am working diligently on my book. I am getting close...but as with any project it is important to do them well. SO, I will take whatever time I need to do that.

No word on the adoption things. Silence is golden only when you want to hear it audibly quiet down around you. I am learning great patience and listening in this area. He is good and knows.

Have to run, but wanted to catch up a bit. We'll talk again soon. Until then, blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment