Reviews & Such things!

Monday, August 27, 2012

My Cup Overflows....

My Heart overflows this morning...

I look out on the freshly watered lawn and I breathe. A deep full breath of the clean, rainwashed air. Fresh. New. Alive.

Everything looks greener. Happier. Is it my imagination or do the birds sing just that much sweeter a song-like melody?

Nothing starts a day off right like a bird song. Echoing my own heart as I wake up my family for a new day. Correction....I wake up Cade for the new day. My man has to get me up each morning to face the day. But, if I am up then I am running! =)

The day begins after a weekend of what some are calling "rain". Whatever it is called, I am thankful.

Our goats are doing great. We are working on a shelter for them as well as a pen.

Cade is loving school. How can it seem like only yesterday when I felt his warm little body for the first time and introduced myself as his mama? Hard to imagine what those big blue-green eyes were thinking when they first laid eyes on the world. After breakfast this morning, Cade asked me to dance. So we did. Ballroom. Jazz. Rock and Roll. Hip Hop. Line Dance. We did it all. As he hopped into my friends car to drive off to school, that sweet cherub-like face looked out through the window and waved goodbye. He is off to a world of learning in the first grade. Off to one more day of tasting and seeing that the Lord is good.

It starts with me. Oh how heavy that feels at times, but also so good. I have been learning that it isn't in the trying of things, it is in the doing. The trying often side tracks me because it at times implies the temporary. I desire for what I teach Him in Jesus to be permanent. Lasting.

I love that little boy.

I don't brag enough about my man. He is one of a kind. The one in a million that I am blessed to do life with. He works hard, plays hard and loves life. He supports me when my one ounce of estrogen flares. He loves Cade into submission. He wants to start a support group for men whose wives love Pinterest. He often fills in for Sunday School teachers. Besides leading worship at church, he has been diligently working away at getting a degree in Church Ministry, one class at a time in Seminary. Yes, his plate is full, but rarely complains.

I love that man.

Each and every day I am reminded. I am thankful for life. I love living. I recently saw a picture of me without hair and it literally made me cry. Yes, the one ounce of Estrogen lives. Viva La Estrogen. I embrace this new change of life. It is difficult. Painful at times. But I am learning to roll with it. Not looking back unless it is to move forward. Looking forward makes me discontent in today. So I am leaning to float. To relax in the pools of today. The blessings flood my soul as I look around me.

The Greening grass.

The dew soaked deck.

The singing birds.

The smell of the barnyard.

The taste of happiness in the dance with my little boy and in the warm embrace of my man as he goes off to work.

Yes, this heart overflows.

Psalm 23 has become so precious to me. I have begun to see the life, adventure, guidance, protection, warrior side of God as He draws me near with His staff and fends off the enemy with His rod. Oh how I love my Jesus. He is restoring this soul. Piece by broken piece and mending it for His glory and purpose. At times I don't know what to write....here or in my book.

There is so much, but no words at times.

Mountain Highs and Valleys Low.

"My Cup Overflows...."

For today...that is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment