Reviews & Such things!

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Rain, Rain, Rain...

June 1st.

I looked at the past week in the rearview mirror.

Yes, I celebrated my 33rd birthday, but not before Aaron and I celebrated our 9th Anniversary. How is that possible? I love him more each year! =)

Libs is doing great! Rolling over....belly to back and now even back to belly. She giggles, grins, and is almost ready for some teeth! And real food! Her curls remain, yet her eyes are turning a lighter blue....simply a beauty!


Cade is thirlled for summer. His mohawk is getting cut tomorrow. He is anxiously awaiting Camp this year. A week full of fun, service in the kitchen (for me) and cabin leader (for Aaron).


Next month I am looking forward to celebrating my 2 year REMISSION!!! Praising Jesus!!!

I was out mowing shortly before writing this and you all know how I love to mow. While I was out there, Pandora was playing my favorite: Hymns for worship. That sounds all well and good, but I've been running. Both for exercise, and away from my daily readings. I know....not a great example for a Pastors Wife...

God and His great mercy allowed "How Great Thou Art" to play. The more it played the closer I felt Him. The rain started falling...Literally. A storm was blowing in. As the thunder rolled in the distance I started to have memories, fall like tears down my face. Thankful for the rain at this point b/c this girl can't do a pretty cry. I was in awesome wonder...considering all the worlds Thy hands have made. The work in my life, my families, my friends...I wanted to shout: MY GOD!!!! HOW GREAT THOU ART!!!!!

So I did.

In the midst of the rain.

While I mowed.

This broken girl has a long way to go ya'll. I hate writing sometimes. I hate sounding like a broken record to some or having people comment and/or recommend anti depressants.

It's my pride.

This Jesus girl hates to admit that she hurts. She struggles. And she sometimes HATES what shes gone through. But I'm keepin it real. Aaron keeps it real. God is good always...we just sometimes forget to praise Him for it daily.

Psalms 139 has been on my memorizing list for weeks now. As we (Aaron, myself, and my kids) journey in the way everlasting, we come across the things that hold us back....like anxious thoughts, offensive ways. But rest assured...He: The LORD of Hosts is there to guide us. He is fully capable and sufficient.

Where am I at with this?

Letting the rain fall. Letting the storm restore.




Allowing God to take back what I thought I'd given Him.

My heart is shouting, as joy fills my soul. He is good: even on the days that I'm running. It takes a storm sometimes, just to see How great He is!

























2 comments:

  1. I do know what you mean about pride... it's so hard for me to admit that I need help, or that I'm struggling with something. I never want to be one of those people who cries and whines about every little thing, but there are times when it would be good to humble myself and admit weakness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much, Erin! Can't wait for our time together!!!! Can't wait! You know about how I feel about living in the rain! What a moment!

    ReplyDelete