Hey y'all! It's almost Christmas! At our house that means we've been waiting for it for the whole year. I have two kids that love Christmas even more than I do! It's a big deal around here. How about you?
With all the hustle and bustle and tradition, we find ourselves looking for the King of Kings. We've been going through Advent with Ann Voskamp's book (annvoskamp.com). SO good. And pure and loving. This is her second year through and I have yet to get through it without crying. Like a baby, all is lost, and then found. Great reminders. Such a wonderful perspective about Jesus and the event of his birth.
I'm also reading a book called "desperate." It's a book of hope for mom to need to breathe. Desperate: Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe. Desperate: Hope Excellent stuff! Such a great reminder of why we need mentors for ourselves, and to mentor those younger than us. I'm in that season. I just found a wonderful mentor for myself, I don't know what I would do with out "G"!
She lovingly guides me through the ups and downs of being a woman, a mother, a wife, and a pastor's wife. What a precarious path! Sometimes the lines connect well, but most days I feel like I'm in a big tangled knot!
The sweet girl-turned-woman I once mentored is now married and making her way in life. I love watching her flourish on her own walk with Jesus. Not long after she said "I do," I was introduced to my next. She is so dear. The feelings of "oh my gosh, what do I say here?" "I'm not qualified for this." Yes, all the feels are there, and I've laid them at the Lords feet. I canNOT do this on my own, nor can I turn away this opportunity. I look forward to this new season of growth.
If ever there was a time and need for mentoring, it is now. What about you? Have you ever thought about it? I promise, you'll never regret it! It's not about having the perfect answers and being the perfect person. It's about being real, authentic, and sharing your heart with hers. Taking her to the feet of the Lord where the cross can bridge any gaps between you.
My kids are awake, so that means I must go adult for today. Libby is howling, like a wolf. Cade is singing, and practicing his poem that he has chosen for speech class. My world is full of overachievers and little stinkers. I love it. At least most days. *wink*
No comments:
Post a Comment