Yesterday was Church. A day set aside to worship. I love church, the people that is.
Well, most of them ;).
Also, my white counts are down/low, so that means the mask comes out. I despise being sick and wearing it because it is SO very hot/warm. But I will say, one positive of it: with the subzero temps, I stay nice and toasty. *smile
For Valentines Day this year we did...nothing. However, Aaron totally hit a home run with his gift to me: an Automatic Car Starter Kit. Hands to the heavens that's just what this girl wanted and what my frozen body needed! I don't need to be wined and dined, although that's nice on occasion. Give this girl an auto car starter and you've won her heart forever. Nothing says I love you like a warm car.
Am I right?
Aaron's birthday came and went on this past Saturday. We celebrated by going over to his mom and dad's house. He plowed out their driveway, while the kids and I went sledding in the backyard. Then, we took our mule (side by side) and hauled our skis to the top of "Mount Shafer", *think long bunny hill.* and we skied down it. We then connected a tow strap to the back of the mule and skied back up. And... you get the idea. Totally Red Neck and Hillbilly-like. And it was AWESOME. We came in to a warm dinner of fried Chicken, scalloped potatoes, green beans, corn and a hot rolls. Comfort foods. I'm hungry just thinking of the feast!
Folks have been asking me how I am doing. While I would love to say "GREAT!" all the time, the reality is, that it's not. Most of the time it is. I have so many thoughts going through my head but the one that screams the loudest is this:
I WILL NOT STOP LIVING MY LIFE.
I don't know how to die.
I will just keep living, until I don't anymore.
That's all that any of us can do.
So, my days include all of my normal activities. Surprise! I spoke with a gentleman from church, a beloved friend, who has just passed his prognosis date. He was like: Erin, they told me 6 months and that was several weeks ago. So, now I give THEM 6 months and I will go back and see them. I feel fantastic! In fact, I'm going to Texas this week, because why not?
Exactly.
Why the heck not?
No comments:
Post a Comment