PS: this was to have been posted three weeks ago...SO SORRY!
Every year there's a "New Year" (duh);
Gosh Darn! I amaze myself with my astute (and profound) thoughts.
You're welcome!
And with the new year comes resolutions that burn out, and words of the year that have tons of meaning, but fizzle with the last of the snow. January is just TOUGH, yes? Especially this year with so many sub-zero Arctic Blasts, etc. I don't know about you, but I blame Elsa--the Ice Queen.
Lol!
All doubts aside, I have had a GREAT week...off Chemo. It was as if the clouds parted and I could hear my thoughts again...not through a fog. #scary #bothWays
Anyhow, I have been learning the value of rest. Not just any rest, but REST. The kind where we stop all activity in our lives, minds, hearts and lean in to what is really important.
Do you know what I have found so surprising? I actually like my life...and kids, and yes, Aaron too. Love him actually. He just "gets" me. So thankful for him.
I was able to go with Libbi on her school field trip...to a kids art museum and then an Aquarium. I was excited to do this with her, as I did this with Cade and had a fantastic time! The other bonus? It was her BIRTHDAY. How did time go so fast!!! 6 years FLEW by, and bless her sweet little heart she has invited tons of her friends to her party that is not taking place.
Not this year, baby girl.
With all the negativity in the news today, I am loving the pace of reading actual books, and having coffee with strangers and friends alike. I have been going and getting massages frequently due to the STRESS of life right now--(-shocker, I know.)
Between the down time, massages and just sitting still I realize that we have busied ourselves right out of comfortable and into the frying pan. I despise this in myself!
We bust it from dawn 'til dusk trying to make something of our kids, instead of letting them be little...while they truly want for us to establish boundaries. What they really need is us to pay attention to them (instead of our phone or the next thing on our calendar).
Also, I just heard a song by Joey and Rory Feek,called "The Bible and the Belt."
Believe me when I say this: I am not coming at you or any one person in judgement...I am the queen of double standards when it comes to being Judgy McJudgerson. However, I have come to terms with this in my life.
We need to do better.
I have tried to put my thoughts into words and lists; what I need to say or do, and then do them. Believe me--nothing puts the fire under you like Cancer does. There is this intensity to make every second count/MATTER.
Because life is hard.
And if some day I have to leave a legacy to my children, then I have some serious work to do. There are things that I want them to know, and want them to do. I want them to learn from me and I want them to be better than I was.
What do you have and want to pass on?
Thoughts?
Leave your comments below.
E
No comments:
Post a Comment