We recently moved from our 20 acre farm, to a Subdivision. It was quite an adjustment, but we are really enjoying it. Many have asked why we moved from our "dream" home that we built, to our new place, and the answer is really very simple....obedience.
Aaron recently started seminary. Most of you know that the end result is rarely staying in one spot very long, especially once you graduate. Now, he will have a while before he is done, but taking care of 20 acres, with cows, and a starting each project from scratch is not only costly, but time consuming. His dad is going on 4 years post stroke, and since that time we have joined with the family (loose translation) in taking care of their almost 60 acre farm. Not an easy task to juggle with school, our own place, worship team, and now trying to adopt. Plus, where we are now (location) , will be much easier to sell when the time comes to move. Where we will go is undecided, and also irrelevent in light of obeying one step at a time.
My new favorite song is Chris Tomlin's "I Will Follow." Having a heart that says "I will follow" is only part of the process. Moving, when he says move is another. Each one having a huge impact. The song reveals many avenues that the Lord uses to work in our lives. Moving, staying, loving, serving, leaving. Yet having a submissive heart is the goal. (Not saying I have accomplished these things- just sharing observation).
When we moved, it wasn't difficult to leave behind all the things we worked so hard for. To be honest, we don't miss it. Why?? I believe it is God's grace and His blessing. We have had a lot of change come into our lives this year and in the past 4. We had some difficult decisions to make early on this year that broke my heart and I struggled through a period of depression/grief. We have had to let go of things we had no control over, only to have another door open up and be given something more. We have been challenged to do something that we swore we would "never" do. We have tried and failed at one thing so much that we wondered if our prayers were being answered and/or we were just not wanting to accept the answer, only to have another door suddenly open up pulling us forward. We learned that sometimes loving is letting go. I can share more about some of this later, but the bottom line is when you say yes to Jesus, your life will never be the same. In this move, I feel like it was significant to us, because for the first time, our hearts were not focused on ourselves and what we were leaving behind, but on what was ahead and stepping forward. Growing. Change. Moving. His will, His way- I will follow.
No comments:
Post a Comment