Motherhood is a funny thing. It does things to you. One moment you are caught up in nostalgia, wishing for the days gone by and the next praying for the rapture, more to escape the pure embarrasment than a particular desire to be caught up with the Lord.
Like every mother, we all have to brag on our kids once in a while. We love them and it just comes naturally. Once in a while you are bound to have those, "oh, no" moments when you can't quite control the situation and usually you end up embarrassed and suddenly wishing you were anywhere other than where you are at the moment. Cade is currently at that stage. Words flow and I can see the wheels turning when he tries to ponder what a particular word means, etc.
Some of the time I post things on FB, and others I will just jot down in this handy little book I recieved called, "Out Of The Mouths Of Babes." So, I thought some of you might like to hear some of the hilariously embarrasing and sweet things that Cade has said, particularly my mom. I write this more for entertainment than bragging rights, as you will soon see.....and YES, the following is all true.
Cade: "Mom, I think that lady just came from build-a-bear!"
Me: "Why do you think that?"
Cade: "Because she looks like she just came from stuffing her pants in there! I think she must have gotten stuck because she is HUGE!" (insert a "rapture" moment as the lady heard us)
Cade: "Dear God, thank you for our blessings and for Real and for Pete's Sake- because my mommy uses them all the time! Amen"
While listening to the GPS-
Cade: "Yeah, we gottch "sugar!" We'll do it!"
"Mom, sleep is SO distracting! It keeps trying to keep me from waking up."
To the lady doing our taxes:
"Do you think we can get this back in cash money? It sure would spend a lot better."
To my grandmother...
"Don't worry Great-gramma, I'm sure a nice guy will come along one of these days and just make you real happy! Then you won't be alone anymore!"
Cade: "Mom, if I said, "I love you" will that get me out of trouble?"
ME: "No, I don't think that will work."
Cade: "What if I said dinner was amazing, too?"
I will end with that. He is a sweetie and I just love him! There are many more, but for my mom, I wanted to post these!
O my goodness--thanks for the laugh . . . actually several laughs! :) Love the build-a-bear one! What a hoot!
ReplyDeleteLove it Erin! I really need to be keeping the things my boys say in a notebook too. You've inspired me. :)
ReplyDelete