Reviews & Such things!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Black humor strikes again......

Today was a great day! I was able to go out and go walking (my favorite thing to do) with my mother in law. We had such a great time and Cade is big enough that we can go w/o a stroller and he actually keeps pretty good time with his mom who is a little on the slow side these days, but hey- we exercised and had a great time.

I LOVE this time of year. The time when everything is thawing and the little green blades of grass are beginning to push up through all the deadness. I guess this year I totally understand their perseverance that is spelled out in a four letter word: HOPE

As mentioned before I LOVE to laugh. I am beginning to see that the Lord gives us each different gifts and that is one of mine. To see the funny in the mundane and the humorous in the horrible, not in making fun, but in coping. Finding hope in heartache. For me it is like finding a priceless treasure. Heartaches are NOT funny, but sometimes the ridiculous happenings of life just....well, they are!

Since Facebook allows 420 characters, I had to finish this story on here. I kid you not, this one made my day. I haven't laughed this hard in I don't know when. Bear with me once more.........

I was on my way home from walking when I get this phone call from Tennessee. It goes as follows:

-"Erin?"
-"Yes."
-"Just calling to confirm your 2:30pm appointment for laser hair removal on Saturday."
-"Really? Are you sure you have the right Erin?"
-"Yes, Ma'am. You called us on Thursday to schedule for your armpit hair removal and we are just calling to confirm."
-"I am sorry ma'am but I am sure you have the wrong Erin. I don't even have hair at the moment, b/c I am in the middle of Chemo." (insert the laughter as this lady is STILL not getting it)
-"Is your number ###-###-####?"
-"Yes, but I live 7 hours away...(interrupted)"
-"And is your name Erin Markillie?"
-"No, its....(interrupted)"
-"And don't you live on....OH!  (pregnant pause) it's not?"
-"No." (hear her realization beginning to dawn)
-"Oh, I am so sorry."
-"Don't be, you just gave me a great laugh!"
-"Ma'am, I am so sorry, I hope you get better...."
-"No worries, I just don't think I will be able to make my appointment on Sat.!"

I got off the phone and laughed until I cried. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES that an "Erin" would have a HAIR REMOVAL APPT. when I am an "Erin" with NO HAIR. And how in the world would it just so happen to be MY cell phone they called?????.......hahahahahahahhah

I got out of the car and as I looked at the sky I said, "that was a good one, Lord- You got me that time!" And I wasn't even looking for it. I am SO glad that the Lord knows us each so well and that He "gets" my humor. I just never know when black humor will strike again........

PS: This one is going in the "book". =)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I can't stop laughing. The tears are rolling. That is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFLOL, Erin! That was too, too funny. And you are so right about finding the humor in the midst of this journey. I found plenty of things to laugh at during radiation.

    ReplyDelete