Hey all, don't mean to be a stranger. Sometimes I just don't know what to write. Sometimes I truly just get tired of telling you all the same thing- "I am sick and tired of being sick and tired!"
I know. So many of you are in the exact same boat. For that I am truly sorry. It is easy to serve the Lord when our hearts are lightened and our bodies are well. It is quite a different story when our hearts become clouded by sickness and pain. Not that we don't have the desire to be faithful- we certainly do. It is just so hard when the going gets rough.
Today was such a day. I am currently struggling with a Sinus Infection. Seems like such a simple thing but the little booger has knocked me on my backside- literally. I am one step out of the hospital b/c my blood levels have bottomed out. I am unable to take any tylenol due to my liver enzymes being off and the Advil has a bleeding agent that I cannot handle right now. SO, I am sweating it out and struggling with the emotions of once again not being able to do things for myself, let alone- who likes being sick? We are praying my temp stays below 102, or else I will be going in during the night. UGH!!!! Thank you for your prayers in advance.
I talked with my mom today about being angry at times. It just comes out of the blue. I so want a vacation right now. I would love to have hair, and not have to worry about it flying off in the parking lot of a car lot like yesterday. I just doesn't seem fair at times for me to be struggling with this when others can walk w/o stress in their lives. Now, I will stop.
I know that is not true. Each of us has a burden to bear. It doesn't mean that one burden is heavier than the other, but it matters what it feels like to the burden carrier. I so wish I could help each of you with yours. Perhaps watch your children when you just can't do it one more minute. (I have been there) In many of the situations, there is another one of us who has been there. I certainly don't desire to be selfish here, just rambling. There is so much going on in this world, but the one thing that can bring us comfort is the fact that we know how it all ends......He alone is able to bring about much more than we could even fathom. All glory to Him in each of our lives. May we come to a point where we thank Him daily for the struggles we each have. Otherwise, we would still be the same old.......sick and tired.
I share your enthusiasm (or lack of ) for the things of this world. I have had a heavy heart lately too. I asked God last night if He could hurry up and send His Son and get us out of here so we could get on with heaven. It's looking pretty good right now. But I also think I need to check myself and make sure I am telling everyone I'm supposed to about Him, because there must still be people out there wanting to know the good news, otherwise Jesus would've come back by now. Hang in there girl. We have a very bright future ahead of us, and it's going to be perfect!
ReplyDeleteLove your honesty, Erin. I think it's o.k. to be angry at times... God is big enough to handle it. =) I am thinking about you today, and just wanted you to know that. Lots of love.
ReplyDelete