Yesterday was a FULL day. It seemed like I went from place to place just trying to catch up. You know how it is, when you are on your way to one place, getting behind a slow vehicle....road construction....a window washing guy, etc. The list could be endless!
I had my Radiation Onc. appt yesterday. He was very nice. I had a TON of questions for him, for example: Would this affect my heart? Will I lose my voice? What is the percentage of secondary cancers and is the benefit greater than the risk?
He answered each one and basically it boils down to this. I had what is called "multi centric Infiltrating ductal carcinoma w/ two positive lymph nodes." In short....they don't see this often in someone so young, that is negative for aggressive types of cancer. My age being the biggest factor, they felt a strong need to treat this w/ radiation largely in part to the "multi centric" portion. There was one tumor, but a second area that was rapidly growing pre cancerous and cancerous cells, and the fact that I had lymph involvement in two out of 9 nodes where most have a few positive nodes out of 16-30 nodes in that area that they take out. I hope that makes things a little clearer. He said twice that I had probably had this for a year prior to them finding it...b/c these types are tricky to find.....and that I was very fortunate they found it when they did. (thank you Lord!)
Anyhow, I strongly dislike these types of appts. I hate hearing words like "survival rate", "mortality", "another patient of mine....died", etc. It leaves you with a heavy feeling for a while afterwards and a strong sense of reality. This is not our home......but I would like to be here for a LONG time yet. =) Once again I was sitting there waiting my turn w/ every one's grandparents. LOL! I had to get what they call "tattoo's" yesterday. They mark you w/ a permanent marker and then inject an ink under your skin to be able to line things up. It hurt just a little, but they were quick a like a well oiled machine there. I will begin treatment on July 5th and go everyday for 6.5 weeks. He asked me what my biggest reason for not doing it would be and I told him that I am just so physically and emotionally tired from all of this. Ready for a break and to be on a maintenance phase of this thing.
When I got back home....our HVAC guy was ready to work on the new system. They had a brand new Air Conditioning and Heating unit installed w/i two hours! They were awesome. I made them cookies and tried to keep up w/ all five of them, but they were quick about their work. They were so excited to be there. At different times I would walk outside to hear one of them singing in the trailer to them whistling and laughing with one another. They must have a blast at their job!
I will have to post a picture of our two new additions. We let Cade get two little kittens. They are so cute! The long haired one is named Rapunzel and the short haired one is named Eugene. We have a puppy named "Ella" on the way, after she is weaned. She is a Chocolate Lab....SUPER cute. So I guess you could say that we will be very busy this summer until they get a little bigger. (at least that is what we keep telling ourselves!) Cade is thrilled to have a "friend" that he can play with. We have had to have the conversation that "no, decon cubes are NOT toys for the kittens." And that "just because you think they should go to the bathroom, doesn't mean they will....all the animals stay outside...and no you cannot take a bath with them." =) You have to just love life...there is so many good things about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment