I know.....I have written a lot this week but I just had to write and tell you just how awesome I think our God is!
If ever in my life I have felt insecure about the way I look, it is now. Any one would. Today was just like any other, but a little different in the fact that I was just worn out, or rather just plain tired of looks. Are you with me? The kind of looks I get from people (if I can read them) are mostly curiosity, but there are others that aren't so kind. I see some of disgust, surprise, pity, judgement. Some are from complete strangers and others are from those I haven't seen for a while....either way I totally don't judge them. I know.....I have been there myself. On days like today, however, I just want to hide. It is difficult for myself to keep up with all the changes in me let alone try to deal with them.
As it would be, I had to go to the dentist. Any who know me, know that I would go to ANY appointment than the dentist. Ugh! Anyhow, I am relaxing back into the chair with my eyes closed and as I look up I see a picture of a butterfly sitting on a flower and do you know what the caption read? "True beauty doesn't need an explanation." It was one of those moments that steal your breath....because even at this point of the day I had not mentioned this struggle to anyone, just HIM. But I want to tell you that the Lord of all creation cared about this struggle I had trying to (once again) take my eyes off my Maker and attempt to find my worth in other things than Him, yet I saw Him in that picture. I got the message and He moved heaven and earth for me to see it...even sitting me in the dentist chair. He will do the same to you. Just ask Him. He is really big, very loving and SO undeservedly good to us! He is a personal God and let me tell you-He is watching and waiting......Just to love on you.
And one more thing to all you women out there.....I don't care what kind of surgery, limitations, struggles or past you have......NOTHING - "not even mastectomies....can ever make you less than who you are- a Woman." (Quote borrowed from Beth Moore, Loving Well)
Erin, that's just beautiful. Thanks for sharing it.
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Christy