Reviews & Such things!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What is it like?

Many have asked me, "What is a Chemo Treatment like?" So, I decided to show you. In pictures that is....

 Port site being cleaned here...notice my "getting siked up for the stick face"...
 Port site being cleaned...now for the stick...(After 22 times you'd think I would get used to it!)
 Port being flushed with saline....
 Getting hooked up.....for the last time!
Me and my girl Mary Ann. Let me tell you a little about this woman....not only did she tell me how good steroids looked on me (I strongly disagree) but she inspired me and gave me so much hope. What a difficult job to deal with people in these types of situations. This is the face of a hero. My hero Mary Ann G. who literally helped me and held me more times than I can count. She is such a blessing and I count myself blessed to know her. Her strength inspired me. I am changed because of her love. Some ppl never want to hurt, and to them I would say, "then never love." After all....love isn't love, until you give it away.....just like Mary Ann did. I will miss her, but am going to be visiting her now as a friend. No more "business" between us. We parted with tears....but I look forward to a lifetime of Mary Ann's. Friends that come and go in our lives for each and every season....but leave imprints on our hearts. My goal in life is to live each day to the fullest and love so much that at some point someone will stop me and ask....."What is it like?"

2 comments:

  1. You are so inspiring! <3 Bless you for all the lives you touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Erin, I have tears of joy! I'm SO excited for you, that you are now done with chemo! I LOVE all the pictures you posted and all the info. Thanks so much for taking the time to do that. (I really like "Cadence" trying on your wig... hilarious!) I love you, Erin and think about you often. You are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete