Reviews & Such things!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Just a little......

Hey all! (All 3 of you who actually read this! =))

We are doing great! Hope this finds you doing the same.
I realized something today...I really LOVE summer, but the best part is....you can walk around wind blown and barefoot and no one cares. I love the sunkissed look you get on your face as the day comes to an end. I love the way that the sprinkler and slip 'n slide are more fun as an adult, than when you were a kid. I LOVE that about summer. It has a way of bringing out the good in things. The fun, the sparadic and the joy in the moment.

This past week we found out that we need a new Heating and Air Conditioning Unit. It is still working....thank the Lord...but is not quite keeping up. The 90+ degree days are taking its toll on our poor outdoor unit. Possibly hail is the culprit.....though we will never know....but regardless it is coming out and being replaced on Tuesday. The blessing in all of this, is that we were told by our HVAC guy, that they want to do it labor free! How awesome is that? He was really touched by what we are going thru and wanted to help out in some way. What a genuine, heartfelt blessing. Sometimes we need those, you know? When life seems too hard, too heavy, and you just don't understand the "why's" in life, the sun- or rather- THE SON shines thru...blessing us even when we don't deserve it. May I never forget all He has done for me, or for you too! We aren't in a position to be asking "why", or feeling like we "deserve" or are "entitled" to something we don't have or that isn't ours...we are called to love and do the will of the One who sent Jesus here to be our Savior. We have been forgiven much and therefore need to give much. Yes, this is hard. Given several examples I have seen of late....this is tough. If He brings you to it, He will bring you thru it. We have to believe and have faith in Jesus. I know it sounds like the "right" answer...but believe me, often the right answer is the hardest to do. I am learning that now....and so incredibly thankful. (Thank you Mr. Cole O.!!! You're are truly awesome!)

I have been feeling good....tired, but good. Moving on toward the two week mark! I see the Radiation Oncologist on Tues. Looking forward to getting some questions and answers from him.
Sharing just a little of this and that today.
I will close with some great lines from this week from the Cadester....."Mom, you look like some random, old lady!" What does he mean by OLD? And what is this about "random"?   "Dad, you don't see that everyday! (Aaron...."what's that buddy?") "A man sitting by his car...he's probably waiting for a water pump!" Just a question......how does a 5yr old know what a water pump is???
Cade and his cousin Hanna told us that they ate some mushrooms from the yard. Yes, they were poisonous but apparently they didn't eat enough to do harm. Hanna stood her ground saying that she didn't eat any, that is until Cade came over and told us that she did....and then she admitted that she ate two....but the hilarious part of it all was when they went out to the yard to show us what they had eaten and Hanna yells...."no Cade! Don't do this! RUN!!!" Cade says...."I just can't take this anymore...we may have to go to the hospital, Hanna....we just can't die! This is worst day of my life! Like even worse than a spanking!" That boy cracks me up! We get such a kick out of him and love him....just a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment