Today was the first day of Radiation Therapy, and it wasn't too difficult. What do I do? Well, I check in using a little credit-card-like thing, and go behind some doors to a second waiting room equipped with dressing rooms and lockers. You are given a gown and key (for the locker) and you store your things in there.
Once changed, they take you to the treatment room (which is HUGE and COLD) and are placed on a table under a gigantic machine that rotates around you. It is sort of like an x-ray machine, only bigger. It performs it's job and voila! I am done. At least for today. =) Much less invasive than chemo, and not very many side effects. Sort of feel like I have been out in the sun, but other than that....doing well......see? That's not so bad.....
Yeah for an easier treatment! Now if only they would give you a tan to go with your feeling of sunburn :)
ReplyDelete