Reviews & Such things!

Monday, February 20, 2012

This morning Cade and I are enjoying a quiet morning at home. Before long I intend to head out to the grocery store, and drop a meal by to a couple in the church (if I don't burn it while blogging).

Cade is busy catching up on all the cartoons he was deprived of this weekend, as I was away at a women's retreat and daddy had made plans for him. So far he has portrayed Daniel Boone, Squanto, various super hero's, Captain Underpants and the Shrimp Shack Shooters, and right now we are working on our Zack Brown Band beard. Exciting times. Here is the little guy in action...


I was mid-dish duty while this was going on. I love his energy, though today I have none and I simply love his creativity and this kiddo!!!

My weekend away was both fun and memorable. I had the great priviledge of spending time with one of my favorite best-selling authors: Robin Lee Hatcher! She was a wonderful speaker, full of wisdom and insight. It was incredibly interesting to listen to the story of her life, but also to learn of her career as an Author as well.

She came over for dinner on Saturday evening and was able to meet Aaron and Cade. When I returned home, Cade had pulled all of her books that I had of hers off the shelf, put them in a pile, and told me we needed to send them back to her. When I asked him why I would do that, he informed me that no matter what somebody paid him for his books- he would NEVER sell his books and he figured she felt the same way so we needed to give them back to her. He was curious as to why she also goes by "Arthur" (meaning Author) instead of Robinleehatcher- spoken all at once.

(Robin, he has dedicated a book to YOU, and we now have a song about Robinleehatcherarther. =)  Thought you would like to know!)

We ended our weekend on a high note, studying what worship really is in our small group. What an encouraging discussion! The answer boiled down to this great little song by SCC...



I love those little reminders, don't you? The best part? He knows the first and the last, how this whole thing ends, and WE are the cast of characters in His book. So whether you are an author yourself or a regular Arthur like me, it's all about HIS glory.

Have a super day!

2 comments:

  1. Erin, it was great fun to be with you. Love the story of Cade wanting to send me all of my books.

    Love, Arthur

    ReplyDelete