I just past 9pm as I sit down to write.
Where did this day go? This week? Even this year?!?! Since I wrote last we have celebrated Aaron's 29th birthday again....ahem. Valentines has come and gone. St. Patty's day is quickly approaching.
Aaron and I were just saying that we cannot remember a time in our lives where we felt more fulfilled. Life is always changing. But reaching this milestone in our lives where we have determined to be content, we are surprised that we are. Content, I mean. It isn't easy and won't be, but the assurance that as we seek His face, He will take us to higher ground. For now, for us, that means learning to be content and staying there though the way seems straight.
Cade is doing a great job as a big brother. He continues to keep us laughing with his hilarious comments- like asking me (in the middle of teaching PE) if my class was a democracy. ??? I love that boy!!!
Libbi is growing like a weed. She is officially 3 weeks old, and is sleeping 9-10 hours at night straight. She started this when we first got home. She smiles, coos, and holds her head better each day. We aren't quite out of newborn outfits, but pushing it and her hair...lets just say she has a lot and it sticks straight up! I love it!
Aaron is doing a fabulous job at church. We've been there close to 6 months now. Whew! It still feels so new! It is growing and keeping us busy. We are learning much, and love working together!
I am learning a lot too. Keeps me hopping with being a family of 4 now. I can't think of any other mother who gets to hold their babies while they fan themselves through a hot flash, but I'm loving it. For real!
Our family has been so blessed by so many of you! Thank you for your prayers, the gifts you have sent and the cards of encouragement! You will never know just how much that has meant to us!
Mom, Dad, and Sherry were able to come down for a visit last week. We loved having them and Cade loved to have his G'ma and G'pa time with them.
Our church family and some friends gave me a HUGE baby shower for Libbi and completely overwhelmed us with their generosity! Amazing!
My head keeps reminding me that I don't deserve it, but my heart soaks it in, parched after many years of self-defeating thoughts. I'm thankful for so much in my life I believe I could write all night. But I won't. For now I just wanted to leave you with an update on the family and let you know just how much you are all appreciated!!! Thank you!
Time to update the main picture (as soon as the snow melts) and revise the bio...crazy incredible!
ReplyDelete