Reviews & Such things!
Thursday, February 7, 2013
Overdue....part 2
I know....this is SO overdue!
As I was saying earlier....I was painting the soon to be office when I got a phone call from a friend about a sweet little girl. It was a private adoption and the parents asked us to stay off of Facebook and blogger with the information.
That was fine with me, except she was 2 weeks overdue!!!!
Our sweet baby Libbi Rachelle was born on Feb 1st, at 6:29pm. She weighed 8 lbs and 13 oz!!! Needless to say my newly purchased newborn clothes were not going to fit-at least for long! :) I was completely ok with that!
As we were already content with where we were in life, this was just a bonus to an already blessed life! What a privilege!
I was able to be in the delivery room, cut the umbilical cord, and was given a gown so she could be given to me for bonding- skin to skin.
I find myself laughing like Sarah did. Yet, laughing once again as I held my little promise. This broken part of me was given a new life to care for. God created a miracle out of Sarah's womb that once was thought barren. The irony of my situatuation was that they laid Libbi right on my chest. A place once thought barren. Never underestimate the power of The Lord. He reigns and creation happens because HE makes it happen.
Here's my girl...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







So exciting to see how God continues to answer prayers and continues to bless you guys!
ReplyDeleteSo thankful for your precious little miracle!
ReplyDeleteOh Erin...so right. Just right. :-)
ReplyDeleteErin, I read this and got so excited I almost tossed my ipad across the room. Funny, we turned our extra room into a walk-in closet and two weeks later we got our call. Can't believe my baby boy turns 4 next month. So happy for you and your family. God is Good All the Time but he gets bonus points for this one. :-)
ReplyDeleteI cried Erin, cried when I read this!!! I am overjoyed for you and amazed at Him! What a miracle, what a gift! Congratulations on your precious baby girl! Blessings my friend!
ReplyDeleteChristy