We are under two feet of snow! Crazy!!!
Puts me in mind of the good ole days of Michigan, Echo Valley, Sledding, Skiing, Ah, the memories!
While wrapped in white, we (four) are settling in with games and movies. Hot Chocolate, popcorn, and the works! The little one sleeps while we eat. When she eats, we'd all like to be sleeping. And thus goes the cycle! =) We are loving every minute of it!
The power was off for about an hour and then came flashing back on. Oh are we thankful for electricity! The snow has now slowed, maybe even stopped. The baby sleeps, yet again. The boys are playing battleship in the basement and I am taking a minute to write.
I have been catching up with my reading schedule and I am currently in Job. (Yes I know...I'm still behind) but I have really enjoyed it. I have come to see a different side of the man who was tested beyond imagination. The guy who wept at the graves of his children while his friends criticized him for sinning. Wrong-doing. The suffering MUST have been a result of Job's sin. Right?
No.
I took the book and read and re-read through each chapter. I loved the part in his struggle where he attempts to wade through the murky mire of frustration while trying to argue FOR God, and wrestling with his own questions and anger TOWARDS Him.
Oh, How we've been there. Each of us on our knees. Bowed low because of some circumstance.
The snow drifts -much like our doubt. Yet melts as soon as the sun shines again. Somewhere between the cloudy snowstorm our faith seems buried in the powder white, crystal-like beauty. Packaged beauty in fragile little flakes. Each one different. Unique.
Unlike our first snowstorm, this one occurred when the temperatures were above freezing.
All the while, as the cold bites the soft skin on our cheeks, chaps our noses and freezes our eyelashes, I am reminded that even though our questions often times go unanswered....He is faithful. Even when we are faithless. The snow that is carried by the wind is still the breath of God moving through this earth, touching us every time we step outside. The wind carries the Lords command of action for the day. Rain. Snow. Whatever He wills.
Like Job: "I know that my redeemer lives, and that in the end He will stand on the earth....I myself will see him with my own eyes-I, and not another..." (Job 19:25-27)
The snow is melting. It melts because it is supposed to. Winter is never forever.
The fresh aroma of homemade chicken noodles hangs heavily in the air. Almost overpowered by the water/burn aroma smoldering next to it. I have no excuse. While I was writing, I forgot the boiling potatoes on the stove next to it.
Oops. =)
My thoughts today have often turned to the powerful words of Job's friends. How mis-guided, though well-intended. (I hope) How we've been here too! Oy!!!
Much like my burned water smell and the drifting snow banks of snow and the doubt that piles high during frustrating setbacks and devastating times........He (THE Lord) is sovereign. Good. Faithful.
The redeemer that Job praised? Yes, He lives! And one day when we see Him? He will cover our ugly doubt. Anger. Frustration. Mis-guided words.
And He will make us pure.
White.
Just like the winter snow...
No comments:
Post a Comment