I mentioned earlier that I get a TON of questions. I know a lot of folks are curious as to what is going on, what I am feeling, etc. So, instead of repeating and repeating I will write a few Q and A's......(bear with me....after so long - like I've said- things get funny)
Q: Does your head hurt?
A: Yes, right now it does. The hair folicles are falling out and it feels sort of like a bad sunburn all over. This will pass and I should begin to have hair grow back in about 5-6 weeks. (thank goodness) =)
Q: Do you have a lot of pain?
A: Not really. I am numb from about my rib cage to my collar bone on both sides and I can't feel anything under my left arm. I can tell if something is against it, but not hot, cold, or any pain. I do get "phantom pains" once and a while....very strange. Tenderness, but not "pain"
Q: Do you like your wig?
A: No. =) I'd rather have hair.
Q: Do you think about "cancer" all the time?
A: Not really. Often, but not all the time. You sort of come to an unreal/acceptance and then move on. It's always there, but the decision is daily whether or not you want to live with it or it live with you. I don't mind that people knowing, but I don't want to be a walking billboard either. Cancer is something I have, not who I am.
Q: Are you limited with what you can do?
A: Somewhat- I still am at approx. a 40 lb. weight restriction. My left arm is not at full range of motion yet. I notice I am tired more easily in simple things like my daily walks, staying up late, etc. I don't have much of an appetite but have to eat to stay well.
Q: How are Aaron and Cade doing with it?
A: Aaron is doing great. He is very supportive and is positive I am going to lick this thing. Cade is doing better. He struggles having a mommy w/o hair at home when none of his friends do. But, then he will think that same thing is "awesome" b/c he thinks my head feels "cool".
Q: Do you like the Chemo?
A: Ummm...NO.
Q: Where do you get your daily shots?
A: In the stomach.
Q: Do you get tired of people asking about it?
A: That depends.......when I hear encouragement, scripture, prayers, those kinds of things that is wonderful. When I hear of some not so successful stories, well lets just say that gets a little difficult to hear a lot of. I understand the reality, but realistically- if this were you- how would you respond to someone who comes up and talks of someone who lost the same battle you are fighting? Believe me, I am NOT upset over this- people have the best of intentions. It is just difficult to keep your chin up under that.
Q: What are your spring/summer plans?
A: Easter Play-VBS-Brothers wedding-travels-and moving(again) in the middle of there somewhere. (I guess the Lord knew we needed a distraction!)
Q: How do you feel when you look in the mirror?
A: It took me a while, but I see someone who was made in the image of God created uniquely, gifted individually, and like you, is precious in His sight. Scars? Yes.....it is still difficult to believe at times. Baldness? Yes......tears are my close friend- its sort of like a healing rain.
Q: What has been the most surprising?
A: I have really learned a LOT about truly living. Abundant life- living.
Q: What have I learned the most thru this?
A: I would have to say I have learned to love myself. Be myself. That faith is REAL and it also brings miracles. When you go through a crisis you have two choices- do you believe? Or don't you? It boils down to that one simple question. If you do.......you can move mountains. Believe me...I have seen it happen first hand and am praying for it tomorrow as I have my PET Scan. I am full of questions, but I know.............Jesus has all the answers.
Hang on, you're moving?? Please tell me that you've decided to live closer to me :) Love your honesty at answering all the questions. Will be praying for you tomorrow with your scan!
ReplyDeleteHugs!
Erin you are amazing! I love your passion for Jesus, its so contagious. Thank you for your authenticity and the updates! Think and pray for you all the time!
ReplyDeleteAs I was writing this, this scripture came to mind....I hope it brings some encouragement to you! I know you are already in full grasp of how much God loves you! But keep holding onto to Him..:)
"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray, that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God" - Ephesians 3:16-19
Love you!
Whitney