This past week we have been snowed in. Literally. We had about 14 inches and places that were 4-5 feet drifts. This is SO not usual for our area. Aaron spent some time yesterday shoveling and the city guys worked tirelessly through the night getting each and every street cleaned!
Cade's snow tunnel has become an igloo. LOL!
Being indoors has allowed for a lot of family time and some hilarious moments!
Cade: "Mom, I am going to ask for prayer for you at church."
Me: "O? That is nice...(cautiously) what are you going to ask for?"
Cade: "Just for help for you b/c you are struggling and very conflicted."
Me: "Really? I don't feel that way, why would you say that?"
Cade: "Well for one, how in the world are you supposed to decide which wig to wear and which hat and scarf to go with it? You have so many I just think it would be 'conflicting' for a girl like you to decided what to wear!"
Me: LOL!
Earlier this week, I had an appointment that I was enroute to with a friend. We stopped and ate, and while there I looked down in the bowl of creamers that was sitting on the table and said, "hey Rachelle, do want some creamer?" She looked down at it and there was all this hair (GROSSSSSSS) in the bowl. I looked at her and said, "Well, at least I can tell you for absolute sure that it is NOT mine!" We laughed and laughed and she was like, "You are right, you do have black humor!"
I am on a daily shot of this stuff called Nupagen (sp?). It has been painless up until this point. The point of this injection is to increase white blood cells to keep me from being sick and to boost my body in preparation for the next Chemo. (Monday) The day before yesterday began with feeling the side effects from this medication. Extreme bone pain. It is primarily in my lower back and hips. I am not one to complain much, but I will tell you- IT HURTS! It is sort of difficult to explain, but it most of the time it simply throbs which is managable w/ Tylenol and laying low for a time. Sometimes, however, when it gets intense it suddenly hits and literally drops you to your knees. Well, it was one of those moments where I was in the kitchen fixing dinner and out of no where it hit and dropped me to my knees and Cade says, "Mom! You need to be careful! This is NOT a race. If you scare me like that again, you don't get any dessert! (shaking his finger at me) You are working yourself to the corner!" Don't worry, the falling doesn't happen very often but with Cade, the laughter is a constant! What a joy!
I have learned that if you see the humerous in each and every situation, and believe me it is there, then life takes on a brighter picture. It isn't that this doesn't stink. We already know cancer is NO fun. (duh) But, when you look at every reactions and people in general, we are all so different and made up with our own quirks that to truly enjoy the big picture, you have to include humor in it. Because face it - Life and people are sometimes just plain funny....
Oh my word! That kid cracks me up, and I'm so glad that he gets to add humor to your life right now :) Where in the world does he come up with this stuff?
ReplyDelete