Reviews & Such things!

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Have Mercy!!!

Good Morning!

What a fabulous, fun, and friend filled weekend we had! Have mercy! We laughed so hard until our sides ached, talked until our throats were hoarse, and shared some sweet memories and just because we are girls- we cried too.

My friend Megan S. came here for a visit. She is such a sweet, sweet friend. So blessed to have her in my life. Our agenda looked a lot like this:

-Picked her up from the airport
-Stayed up into the wee hours of the night laughing our heads off!
-Shopped all the hobby/craft stores
-Beaded watches and earrings
-More visiting past midnight
-Beading and laughing some more
-Church
-Baking/Candy Making
-Another Late Night
-Blood work appointment
-Shopping just for fun
-Dropped her off at the airport Monday afternoon

Megan, what a wonderful weekend! It was wonderful to talk with you- and really talk without interruptions. Thank you for spending your birthday weekend with your friend here in the middle of God's country (that's right....the only Buckeye's here are the candy....just sayin'). You are a treasure for sure.

Catching up on sleep and rest has been top priority. I would love to make it sound really glorious, but thankfully you are unable to see me as I am sure to have been snoring or drooling, or perhaps both. This ol' girl hasn't pulled an all-nighter in a couple of years...but it was oh, so worth it! I just feel so old now!

Last night I had a Jewelry party. What a fun time!!! PLUS- I was able to get a TON of jewelry free. How cool is that?

The rest of the week is going to be full as well. Cade has an appt at the ENT this morning to check his ears. He still is struggling with ear infections...so the tubes are going to probably be going back in. Plus, I have two appts tomorrow. One for my Oncologist (praying I am STILL in remission) and one for the Plastic Surgeon. Yes, I will be having another surgery soon. Will keep you posted (not that it is that interesting...but I have to keep you 10 readers happy! =))

Still no news on Aaron's Ultrasound, though they told him that things had remained the same. That is good I guess. They want him to come in, but I am learning not to get terribly worked up about stuff until I have reason too. This year has taught me that. Worry just robs today of it's peace and tomorrow of God's glory.

Still no news on Aaron's dad. We should hear today.

Going to be finishing up shopping with my mother in law today. Oh, how I love the Christmas season and buying for others! Such a great blessing for me and I know for her as well!

Getting ready to ready my Bible and start my day on my knees. I just can't seem to do it any other way. And sadly, I have tried. Reading through the book of James right now. I have been stuck in that one for a while. That little book has ruined me- for good. I am a "read the end of the chapter" kind-of-girl....and let me give you a clue: Every time I read it, MERCY TRIUMPHS.

What a great thought and something to think on. How is it evidenced in my life? Others around me? What should it look like? How do we always remember to do this? How do we hide God's word there and make it stick? There are just a few questions I am working through, but let me say you will NEVER waste time in God's word. I heard that one time from Beth Moore and how true it is.

I am leaving you with this thought today...as you go about your business (or pleasure) think on these verses with me:

"If any or you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally
without reproach, and it will be given to him." James 1:5

(There is our first practical step for today)

"But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, decieving yourselves." James 1:23

(Second step is doing what the Word of God says)

"Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble,
and to keep oneself unspotted from the world." James 1:27

(The third and last step isn't possible without the first two.)

Each time I read through this wonderful book, my heart feels heavy. I know just how often I fail at doing the things I know that I ought to do. But, I find great encouragement in this verse:

"You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand." James 5:8

This verse tells me that I need to give myself a break....not from spiritual things, but from pressuring myself to focus on works. I have to focus on Jesus and allow His work in my life; His Spirit to establish my heart. I can only do that when I spend time with Him. Just like a friendship- we have to do our part and not make things a one way street. And above all....have mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment