I am home and resting, and now up and waiting for a pain pill.
Surgery went well. I came home without drains, so that was wonderful. I do have a pressure wrap and let me just say PRESSURE has a new meaning.
My ribs and muscles are not feeling so hot. I don't quite remember a surgery this painful. I have had 4 over this past year, but this one takes the cake as far as pain goes. Mercy!
Not trying to be a whiner, but I have new respect for pain. Just breathing hurts sometimes, and shortly after dinner I got the hiccups.
I am incredibly thankful to the friends who have brought us meals, to Melissa for driving Cade all this week. And for Cade's sweet little friend Addison (Melissa's daughter)...at recess he told me he just started crying and went and laid on the teachers lap over on the couch against the wall. As he was laying down he said, "Mom, Addi never left my side. She just wanted to make me feel better and make sure I was OK."
The sweet and simple ways we can learn to love, lived out in a selfless act of a child.
Or a husband.
Aaron has tirelessly helped me, while being down with a Sinus Infection himself. Love that man!
All that + me = one blessed and humbled girl!
Well, the words are getting foggy. Headed off to get my med....until next time....sleep well, my friends.
Oh Erin....praying for you today girl......FLY STRONG!
ReplyDelete