Reviews & Such things!

Friday, March 2, 2012

Playing Catch-Up....

Sooooo....

It wasn't that I didn't think about writing, just couldn't find the time until now.

I wish we could sit and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea together....that way I could hear from you and what all is going on in your world. Play catch-up. Really, I live a pretty boring life that has a bit of the strange and unusual mixed in, but then again, I am not telling you anything "new"- you already knew that didn't you?

Either way, I would love to hear your thoughts about life, love, hope, faith, and other mysteries instead of hearing the gentle hum of the computer for a voice and the bright background of a screen for a face while I sit here and type away sipping on my morning coffee with my peppermint creamer- yum-mo!

Re-testing was this week. They put you through the drills for it. Sorta like a boot camp. Sit, poke, ouch, lay down, drink this, stand still, hold your breath, repeat....you get the picture. Results will come next week for all of the x-rays and scans. I didn't panic this time, just had a couple of flashbacks that brought tears to my eyes, and ran into the Radiologist who told me I had cancer in the first place. Strange, I realized yesterday I don't like people going with me to these things because I just don't like to talk during it. I am not one for just talking to fill in space, but rarely am I not visiting with people to learn more about them. During moments like these, I find that I like the quiet, the peace; all the while adopting the "lets just hurry up and get this over with" mentality. I am probably being a big baby about it, after all what is 4-5 hours every six months in comparison to those that are STILL there, or who are fighting big time stuff? Yep, I am getting over it...not camping here long.

I have been reading through the Bible in a year. The past two mornings (due to appts) I have had to skip my daily reading, and now I am trying to catch up with that today also.

We have had some fun and extremely exciting things happen, that I am not at liberty to share yet, but I will...pinky promise.

With surgery fast approaching, I am hurrying with Spring cleaning, and simple things around the house as I will be down for another week. This is the first of the 2 or 3 surgeries for this year in relation to reconstruction....should be done by the end of this year.......wooohooo!!!!

I am finding that many folks'  life is like ours....everything happens quickly, often, or fast- however you look at it, and the rest of our life is spent just trying to hang on and play catch up, at least it feels like that. I am so glad that the Lord has use for people like us, aren't you?

As I finish playing catch-up with cleaning, chatting, reading and more today, I will be thinking of you and praying for you friends. I wish you a world full of wonderful and that the sun is shining on you today. May you be richly blessed beyond what you can imagine in ways that are beyond comparison. Until next time, I'll be playing catch-up....

No comments:

Post a Comment