Reviews & Such things!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Some Kind of Wonderful......

Since he could talk, Cade would always wake up and say..."Good morning world." I have it on tape of some of the first attempts. SO CUTE! We still say the same thing each morning. Some mornings have a little more alertness, or less enthusiasm, etc. You get my meaning! =)

Today being one of the lesser enthusiastic days.........we sorta grumbled it out. It's been a stressful week:

-Sick child since Friday
-3rd round of Chemo....they forgot my pre-meds so I am sick....again
-Neighbors pit bull dogs attempting to dig under the fence to visit with "Cody" our dog. (Unfortunately I cannot use a BB gun in town)
-Cade decided to finish his "artwork" by coloring some more yellow on the wall. (he previously used crayon, paint and colored pencils....truly believing I would be very proud!)
-house is a disaster not to mention fruit flies are on the rise
-sick and tired of being sick and tired
-and just having one of those plain old fashioned pity party days.

But you know what???
Life isn't measured in all the successes of life. It is measured by the times we get back up when we fall. I am SO incredibly thankful to have a great prognosis and to be able to have bad days knowing that great ones are around the bend. Some aren't so lucky. My time for feeling sorry for myself is over....at least for today. =) We don't always see the purpose in struggling through days like today, but we have today. Take hold of it. Get out of the pit, so to speak. Life is about choices.  So even in the bad days... there is always some kind of wonderful to be found.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings Cousin,

    Hang in there. You come from a strong line!

    Best,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete