Reviews & Such things!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

He's growing up.......

"There is a first time for everything." If I had a dime for every time I have heard that phrase this year I could be rich.....

Yesterday was the first day of Kindergarten, not just for Cade but for all of us. Aaron decided he would be a "rock".....but he sent me about 8 text messages wanting to know the play by play! There's a loving daddy for you! I wasn't going to cry until he looked a little scared and turned those big blue eyes on me....then I just started crying. He was so funny- he says, "mom, it is OK. I can't stay young forever." I love that little boy! He is wiser than his years.


Here is my little peanut getting ready to head out the door. I love how his backpack is bigger than him and his face is saying..."seriously mom, another picture?"



Saying goodbye to his mama. *tears* He was so proud to be a big boy and go with all the other big kids. I told him how much I love watching him grow up and celebrating all his firsts with him. Yes, this is the hard part about being a mom. One minute you cannot wait for them to be born, and the next you are wishing for a night that you can sleep the whole way thru. Next thing you know, you are waving goodbye as they make their way into Kindergarten, wishing with everything that you can just go back and hold them as a baby just one more time and make time stand still for just a second longer. Where does the time go? Wasn't it yesterday that I was holding him and thinking that I had 5 years before this day came? Here comes that "reality", barging in like an unwanted guest. Yes, he is growing up........and at the same time I LOVE it! He is starting to come into his own and developing into the person God has him to be.  I am proud to be his mama and love him more with each day! Yes, he is growing up......and for right now- I am learning to be OK with that. *sigh* =)

No comments:

Post a Comment